Chapter 20

"Hey, you okay?" Roman asked as he caught up with me in the hallway.

"Yeah. Why?" I asked.

"You were quiet in history."

"I know, I'm not feeling well." I said as I rubbed my eye. We strolled towards our place outside, and then sat down.

"Where's Jade?" I asked noticing her absence.

"I have no idea. So have you made up your mind or not?"

I picked up my sandwich and took a bite before lowering it. "Masquerade fundraiser. I think it sounds fun." I admitted. I've always wanted to go to a masquerade anyway. "But what are they even raising money for? This school is packed with rich ass kids."

"Some auction to fund the sports team I guess. Do you think I should wear a tux or a shirt tucked in?"

"Hmm....a shirt tucked in but with a mask matching your bowtie."

I noticed Enzo and Kyle walking nearby, but quickly snapped my eyes away from them. I've been avoiding him and his gang for the past week.

That kiss shouldn't have happened, point blank. And now I was going to do my best to make sure I don't do anything like that again.

—————————

(Shy's outfit) ^^^^^^^

"I feel powerful. Roman, take a picture of me please." Jade exclaimed as we walked into the main hall. Even I felt kind of positive, it was something about being dressed like the mysterious mistress of a king.

Roman pulled his phone out and started taking pictures of her. He even tried taking them of me but I didn't let him. I couldn't risk anyone seeing the photos and knowing my location. Its bad enough I'm out here without a bodyguard, not that I need one.

The interior was beautiful. I can see they tried to make the hall look more grand using gold decorations, fake candles and even a chandelier, but despite all that it still looked like a college building.

Everyone wore masks, and gowns or tux's.
I'd been to balls or auctions because of my fathers position, but I'd never actually been to a party like this - one that wasn't scrambling with dirty criminals.

Upon entering we talked with others, just about dresses and how hard it was getting here and blah blah blah.

I ended up wandering off, not wanting to talk to anyone. A glass of cranberry juice would do in an attempt to pass my time.

I stood there drinking the juice, already bored out of my mind. The itchy mask I wore wasn't helping either.

As I took a sip while scanning the hall, someone stepped out into my line of sight. I could recognise those icy eyes even through the mask. Enzo.