3

Aaliyah Moreno

I had called my mum to let her know I was on my way out. But on my way out all I could think about was that man. I'd never seen him before, yet I felt like I knew him. I was probably just overreacting.

As shut the gate and leave my second home I admire what's around me. The tall trees that stood many metres above me to the small daisies that were below me.

This always made me think. I interpreted it to be that even though something is way bigger than you doesn't mean it's always beautiful, but the fact that the things that are smaller and that you can't really see are what's really beautiful.

I'll give you an example through how I interpret it;

Trees. Our worlds main source that gives us life. They help us to see new days and live others. However, some of them may be dead or cut down, making them less noticeable.

Whereas, daisies. They are so small and below your feet. But if you really take the time to look at them you'll realise how beautiful they really are. They also contribute to the air we breathe and yet they can also take our breath away through their existing beauty. but that doesn't mean we can't admire them just as much as trees. People would think that because daisies are small there's no point in them being there. People chose to admire trees more because they're bigger and more noticeable.

I beg to differ. Daisies are beautiful. Just as beautiful as trees. We only notice that if we take the time to stop and look.

I walk down the road looking up at the sky. It was getting cloudy so I assumed it was going to rain. I stupidly took the long way home because I enjoyed it, meaning it was half an hour more.

Before I knew it, it started chucking it down. I had no jacket, no coat, no form of anything to protect me from the rain other than the thin layer of my dress that was already soaked through.

So I enjoyed the rain

I was only ten minutes away from the sunflower field and I wanted to go back, I loved it when it rained over there. It made me feel a new form of freedom.

My mum would understand. She knows I like it when it rains.

Luckily I had my phone on me so I could call her if need be.

I run fast. Faster than my feet can carry. I wasn't a good runner but that didn't matter. The rain felt sharp as I ran against it, and I heard the wind howl in the sides of my ears. My hair was blowing behind me. And before I knew it, I was there. I rest my hands on my knees and face my head to the ground as I pant to get my breath back.

"Yes." I say to myself and jump out of excitement.

I run through many rows of sunflowers to get to the top of the hill, my favourite place to be alone.

As I run up I laugh to myself. Everyday was different, I never knew what life would throw at me. All I know is that I enjoyed it.

I was in a field of daisies that overlooked the sunflowers. I swung my arms out to the side and just spun around with my face towards the sky, feeling every drop of rain hit my skin.

I flop back on the grass and just laugh to myself, again. What's the point in life if you can't laugh with yourself at least once? My arms were parallel with my shoulders as I felt the tips of my fingers brush against the daisies and the grass they grew out of.

I take a deep breathe in and just inhale a pure sent of... life.

I close my eyes and let the raindrops caress my skin gently. Some rolled down my cheeks, others on my eyes, others on my lips. From my toes, to the tips of my fingers, to the top of my head.