Chapter 7: I Thought You Were Dead

Zander's POV

In a flash, I moved towards Hazel and positioned my hand behind her head before it could hit the floor. My poor Kitten.

FUCK! This was too much for her to handle.

"Is she ok, what is happening to her?" James' shocked face came into view next to me. His eyes bulged as he watched Hazel's body shake uncontrollably.

"Izzy, come quick. Hazel's having a panic attack." I sent through the mind-link.

"James, she's having a panic attack... But it has never been this bad before." Her body began shaking violently. I started to feel strange. I felt like hands were being used to squeeze my lungs from the inside. I was struggling to catch my breath. "Fuck, I think... I think I'm having a panic attack too!" James' eyes widen, beads of sweat decorated his forehead.

"What should I do? I don't know what to do, " he said nervously.

Hazel started to foam and I tried hard to fight, but violent trembles rocked my massive, muscular body. I fell at Hazel's feet as panic swept through my veins. Ushi ran to my aid. He turned me on my side, I could still see Hazel's face. It was twisted as the froth spilt from her mouth. James turned her on her side and I saw the veins in her neck and face protruding, they seemed like they were about to explode.

My head started to pound because of lack of oxygen. I felt like I was suffocating. My eyes began to close. I passed out as soon as I saw Isabelle's red Louis Vuitton stilettos making their way towards me.

I woke up to the blinding white lights of a hospital room. "HAZEL!, " I shouted. I shot up in a sitting position and struggled to my feet. My head still hurt and I still felt disoriented.

Why did I feel so weak? I contemplated.

"That's because we are feeling our mate's pain and struggle. I knew our bond was strong, but I did not know it would affect us like this, " Gidian explained.

I thought about what Gidian had said, and he was right. This was not good at all. "Shit, Gidian you know what this means?"

"Yes. Our enemies already know that our mate is our weakness, but if they find out that hurting her physically can also hurt us the same way, then they will use that against us. We have to keep this to ourselves for now."

"Fuck, Gidian we have to be careful, plus we are going to have to watch our mate a lot more now."

"Yes, yes, Zander. If I had hands, I would be rubbing them together right now, " Gidian chuckled. I shook my head.

"You are so fucking creepy sometimes, " I admitted.

Gidian continued laughing and I made my way to the exit.

"Alpha, you're up, " Isabelle ran to my side. "How are you feeling?"

"Izzy I'm fine, now take me to my wife, " I grunted.

"Right this way, " she gestured for me to follow her. "She just went back to sleep."

"So she's ok?" I figured since she woke up and went back to sleep, then she must be fine.

"She has been in and out of consciousness, but she's out of the woods. All she needs is some rest now, " said Isabelle.

She pushed the door to Hazel's hospital room, and we went in. Izzy checked her vitals once more. I walked closer to the bed and ran one hand over her forehead. "She's burning up, " I exclaimed.

"She is a little warm, but her temperature is dropping. She'll be alright, Alpha, I promise, " Izzy assured me.

A knock was heard on the door. It was Isis, I could smell her. "Come in, Isis."