Chapter 50

Jobahars and Nahaní return an hour later exactly. They step off the shuttle and Nahaní is armed with dual swords walking with smooth confidence, that makes me worried. Lahí is standing with her spear wearing a light armor that protects her chest, shoulders forearms and thighs.

I study Nahaní and her armor is a half breastplate, forearms and shins, but she has two swords that look deadly. They go to the center of the circle that was prepared for the battle; Lahí spins and twirls her spear, with the practice of a master. Nahaní draws her swords brandishing and dancing with them in a practiced smoothness. Though I notice a difference in skill level here with the advantage going to Lahí.

Lahí looks at Nahaní sizing her up. "This is your last chance to back down." Nahaní holds her head high smiling and suddenly it strikes me, that she looks a lot like Jahní. I study her some more, as they begin to circle each other looking for openings. Nahaní attacks first leading with one sword then following through with the other. It's all Lahí can do to fend her assault off and she falls back, then she thrust her spear forward forcing Nahaní to twist and fall back.

Lahí holds her spear over her head by the end of it keeping Nahaní back with its length. Now Lahí lunches her attack and it's brutal thrusting parrying spinning into a reverse strike that lands a solid blow to the abdomen causing Nahaní to fall to her knees. Nahaní now begins to realize just how out matched she is.

She regains her feet and falls back holding her middle. I turn to Jahní. "Does this have to happen?"

"She should have shown more respect to us." she's right no doubt. but will this prove anything in the end.

"Look at her Jahní, does she look familiar?" Jahní tilts her head studying Nahaní and suddenly her eyes open wide.

Lahí jumps thrusting her spear piercing Nahaní's leg causing her to scream in pain as Lahí twist pulling it out. Just as she moves in for the kill Jahní shouts for her to stop. " Why?" Lahí asks.

Jahní trotts up to Nahaní standing in front of her she looks down at her, studying her face. "Where were you born?" Nahaní stays silent Just looking at Jahní, while holding her leg. "Answer me, because your life will depend on it."

Tears of pain and anger roll down Nahaní's face. "I was born on Green seven my dear cousin!"

Jahní steps back as if she got slapped. "Green... you are who's daughter?"

Nahaní hangs her head sobbing in pain, as blood gushes from her leg. Jahni rips the bottom of her dress kneeling to tend Nahaní's wound, but she pulls away. Jobahars is also at her side putting his arm around her shoulder saying something to her ear, and she calms down. She allows Jahní to tend her wound. "Who is your mother?"

Nahaní looks at Jahní shaking her head sadly speaking in Majah-tu, causing Jahní to snap her head up. Jahní intensely studies her face as she come to some kind realization of Nahaní's parentage. "Nahaní?"

"Do you remember now?" Jobahars Helps Nahaní stand and I help Jahní.

"Come to the medical wing our Doctor can heal your wound, please." Nahaní hesitates then she agrees to go. Lahí is standing next to Hal silently accepting the turn of events, but not pleased that this woman, no matter who she is was rude to Jahní.

I walk up to Lahí putting my hand on her shoulder. "That was a great fight. Your skills are amazing." She smiles broadly at the compliment bowing gratefully. I turn catching up to Jahní taking her hand. "So, what's going on?"

"She is my cousin. Her mother is my Aunt, my mother's sister." She quiet and pensive for a bit, while we reach the med wing. Once there Jahní stops before entering. 'I did not remember her and I feel ashamed for that laps of memory."