2.25 Declaration of War

Hello!

Welcome to the last episode of the Second Season! 🥲
(I'll update next week with OVA 2, but please see the author's note at the end for more information.)

A quick poll from me if I may...

— What kind of social media should I use to interact with readers? (X/Twitter, Tumblr, etc...)

— What other creative writing sites or forums should I post this story? (Right now, it's mostly Wattpad and FanFiction.net.  I'll try to update onto Archive Of Our Own soon!)

Any feedback is welcome!
Thank you so much for reading and voting and commenting!!!

(Tomorrow is Akashi's birthday!!❤️👑
Let's celebrate by reading up on his character 😊
https://kurokonobasuke.fandom.com/wiki/Seijūrō_Akashi )

***

A spot-on toss from Kageyama, followed by Hinata's spike. A triple block by Iwaizumi, Kindaichi, and Kyōtani. A failed receive from Oikawa.

26-24, Karasuno.

Yachi and Saeko hugged each other in glee while the two other adults cheered for the high school team.

Ai finished writing the last detail in her notes, and then retrieved her phone from Yachi. This had definitely not been an ordinary prefectural qualifier match. The level of the game was too intense. The manager was glad that she'd gotten at least part of it on camera.

"We did it, Ai-senpai!" Yachi beamed.

"I know," she said quietly, watching the court still.

Shimada paused cheering for a second and wondered, How can she stay so calm? The grocery store owner turned to his right. "Takinoue, are you crying?"

"I'm not! Shut up!" the blond retorted with a sniffle.

Hanamaki seemed especially disappointed at the result of the game, and Kyōtani kept his head down, too.

The third-year players of Karasuno — Sugawara, Asahi, and Daichi — smiled and looked happy while walking to the edge of the court together.

The two starting setters from Kitagawa Daiichi glared at one another through the net for a moment. They exchanged a few words, and then turned around sharply to line up as well.

Coach Ukai and Takeda-sensei were proud of the team's accomplishment. Even Kiyoko was getting teary-eyed, standing in front of the bench.

The captains shook hands with the referees; Daichi and Ai noticed the change in Oikawa's usual light mood. They got a quick feedback from the opposite coaches and bowed to thank the audience in the stands. The disheartened third-years slapped Iwaizumi's back, who stood crying.

This wasn't like their third round of Interhigh. Kageyama trusted his teammates more now, not just his freak-quick partner, Hinata.
And, it looked like Oikawa was able to predict where the small No. 10 was going to hit. If the ball hadn't been caught by the block, changing its course, the skilled captain might have picked it up.

On the court, she saw Nishinoya and Hinata run and jump into their team circle. Like dominoes, everyone fell down. Some laughed, some yelled at their stupidity.

Aoba Johsai's second-years watched the scene, burning the picture to their memories. They were frustrated to lose, but they'd be back next year to return the favor.