40

"Jace!" I chased after him, skidding to a stop on the roof he escaped on, as he spun to face me, "Stop-"

Jace stares at me, his teeth gritting together, as he charged toward me, swinging to land a punch in my face, but I dodged his attempt, elbowing him back, as he grunted, stumbling back lightly.

He then grabs my arm, twisting it behind my back, disarming me of my kindjals, before using full force to kick me backwards.

I grunted when I fell onto the ground, before he started to kick me around while I was on the ground, shrieks leaving my lips.

I pushed myself onto my feet, punching him in the jaw, only for him to grab me by my hair and throw me to the ground, kneeing me in the face.

"Jace!" I shouted when he grabbed me by the neck, holding me over the ledge, "This isn't you-"

"It hasn't been you this entire time, has it?" I held his wrists, my voice raspy, coughing between my words, "All those things you said-"

Jace simply smirks at me, tightening his grip, making me shut up, as I croak out, "Jace, I know you're still in there- listen to me-"

"I love you- so much." I could barely speak at this point, "I'm so sorry-"

"I don't love you." Jace brought his face close to mine, his eyes glued to mine, "Not anymore."

Then he dropped me.

-

I whimpered in pain as I managed to fish out my phone out of my pocket, my finger taking ages to move on the screen to dial the first number I saw.

I was covered in glass, sitting in a pool of my own blood, laying helplessly on the hood of a car, barely being able to move.

"Look, Young, it's a bad time-" Simon's voice filled the line after he answered the first ring, my heart rushing with relief, "Can I call you back?"

"Simon-" My breathing was ragged and broken, "Wait-"

"Zee?" Simon was suddenly concerned at the sound of my voice, "Are you okay? What's wrong?"

"Jace- he-" I could barely finish a sentence, choking on my own blood, "I can't move-"

Simon immediately asks, "Where are you?-"

"Near-" I barely turned my head, coughing lightly, "Crosby and Grand-"

"I'll be right there." His words made me sigh in relief, letting my phone slip from my hand as my eyes started to roll to the back of my head, only to snap back into reality when I heard his worried call, "Zee!-"

I looked at him, not saying anything.

"Hey- it's okay- I'm gonna get you help." Simon grabs my hand, "It's gonna be okay-"

-

"Jace is the Owl?" Isabelle said when we were all gathered around the table, "How is that even possible?"

"This whole time, it wasn't his mental health." Alec stares ahead, "He was possessed-"

"By an extremely powerful Greater Demon, who gave him the ability to turn mundanes into demonic killers." Magnus said to us.

"We've defeated Greater Demons before." Alec swallows hard, "We'll do it again and free Jace."

"This is not just any Greater Demon." Magnus showed my drawing, "Zee was able to draw an image of the beast, and it matches this image from the Silent City archives- the demon is Lilith, Queen of Edom, Adam's first wife."