8.

The rest of our brunch went by smoothly, Harry and I didn't talk much during it, we were both starving.

It wasn't until I was finishing my last bit of my eggs when I phone started buzzing. Harry and I both glance at my purse, then meeting our eyes with each other again.

The buzzing continues, and I finally give in and start digging through my purse for my phone.

"You're not supposed to have your phone at the table Ms. Thomson" Harry says in a sarcastic tone.

"Ha-ha." I respond sarcastically, finally finding the device through my purse. I bring it up to read it and see the name 'Dylan' across the screen. Immediately my stomach drops and I become nervous.

I remind myself I shouldn't be nervous, I can do what I want to do. Dylan cant control me.

"Sorry." I mouth my Harry before pressing the answer button. Harry just nods in response, looking back down at his food.

I step out of the booth and walk outside. I didn't want to be rude and talk in a restaurant.

"Hello?" I say into the phone.

"Olivia. Where the hell are you?" Dylan says. He didn't sound too mad, just worried. But I know when he finds out who I'm with, he'll get pissed.

"Erm- I'm out getting brunch." I tell a white lie. Technically I was out getting brunch.

"Where? I haven't heard from you in several days!" He suddenly raises his voice. I step outside of the diner, walking to Harry's car in the parking lot. I lean up against the drivers side.

"Dylan I told you I wanted a little bit of a break. I don't like the way you've been treating me recently!" I fire back in response. I was becoming annoyed.

"Oh for fuck sak- Olivia. Just tell me where you are. I want to see you." He says in a calmer tone, where was all of this coming from?

"Dylan I can't. I told you I wanted some time away." I say, crossing my arms over my chest and turning my back to the diner window so Harry couldn't see me.

"It's been almost a week Olivia. I think we're fine."
I was about to respond when I suddenly heard the door of the diner open. I look over my shoulder to see Harry walking over to me with his arms crossed and sunglasses back over his eyes.

"Dylan- I can't talk right now. I have to go." I quickly blurt out before hanging up and sticking my phone in my pocket. I turn around to face Harry and give him a fake smile.

"Ready?" I ask, unfolding my arms and bringing them to my sides.

"Who was that?" He asks while walking up to me.

"That was just a friend- did you pay already?" I say, trying to change the subject.

"You were arguing with the person on the phone." He states, finally meeting me face to face. I back up slightly so my back is against the door of the car, while Harry is almost standing at my toes.

"Really?" I say, quickly flipping myself around and opening the car door. I quickly climb into the car and into my seat before looking up at Harry through the window.

"You coming?" I ask, smiling up at him.

He smirks a little before walking around the front of the car to the drivers side, opening the door and climbing in.

He shuts the door behind him and stick the keys into the car, revving the engine again. This time when he does it, he smirks at me and I just roll my eyes.

He starts the car and pulls back onto the highway.
We sit there quietly for a couple minutes with just the radio playing and the sound of the wind. Then I remember my guitar was in the backseat.

I glance over my shoulder to see my guitar in its case laying across the floorboard of the backseat. The seats had white leather like the ones up front but there was no middle compartment separating the two seats from each other, so it was just like a couch back there.

Quickly, out of reflex, I unbuckle my seat belt and flip my self over the rows of seat, landing on my side in the backseat.

"What the hell are you doing?" Harry shouts in confusion. I don't blame him; I did just hurl myself over his nice leather seats.

"My guitars back here." I say, while sitting up straight in the back seat.

"And?" Harry asks, glancing at me through the rear view mirror.

"I got bored. So I came back hear to play." I state honestly, shrugging my shoulders.

Harry hesitates, glancing at me again through the before chuckling a little, while shaking his head.

I shift in my seat so that I was laying down horizontally across the back seat. My head was on the resting on the passenger side (right side) while my feet were laying on the drivers side (left side).

My head was positioned vertically from Harry's seat, so I could see him driving from where I was lying. I picked up my guitar and took it out of its case before playing some chords.

I was trying to thing of a song to play, but my mind was going blank. It wasn't until I heard the faint sound of the radio playing the song Dreams by Fleetwood Mac.

"Can you turn it up some?" I ask Harry.

"Sure love." Harry says before reaching his hand up the the volume knob and turning it to the right.

I carefully listen to the melody of the song and soon figure out the chords. It was an easy song.

Just F and G over and over again.

I strum to the melody of the song, eventually tuning out all other noise except for the sound of my fingers playing against the strings of the instrument.

I close my eyes and take in everything around me. The sound of the radio, the strumming, the faint scent of his cologne wafting into the back seat. The noise of other cars speeding down the freeway.

I open my eyes a little to see Harry glancing at my through the rear view mirror, smiling a little.

"Relaxed?" He asks, focusing his eyes back on the road.

I hum in response before shutting my eyes again, putting my attention back to the sound of the strumming.
-
hey guys! sorry for not updating sooner. please let me know how you're liking the story!