Chapter 49: The Rain Has Fallen

Rain (Alice) POV:

One week earlier...

I peel apart my eyes and roll over to the edge of my bed, but am restricted by the arm which is wrapped around my waist.

The morning light streams through my curtains, like liquid gold, illuminating my small bedroom and the man responsible for keeping me in bed.

Harry.

I'm ashamed. I feel guilty, despite having nothing to be guilty for. It's not like I'm dating anyone at the moment. I'm single, I can do whatever I want... But I feel like I'm betraying myself. I broke up with him for a reason. I thought I'd escaped his grasp, but here I am, back in his arms. Ugh, I'm so pathetic.

I watch as Harry stirs in his sleep. His perfect face is just another reminder of my mistake. I need to make it clear to him that I can't do this. It's strictly a one-time thing and is never going to happen again.

"You're awake." Harry mumbles, and my eyes snap back towards him, startled by his sudden statement.

"Yes." I reply, slowly prying his fingers from my waist as I attempt to get up from the bed.

"Where are you going?" He questions as he sits up, reluctantly letting me go.

"I'm going to go look for Mia. Something you should be doing too." I say as I stand and head towards my closet, pulling out some jeans and a singlet.

"Yes, of course... Though I thought we could sleep in a bit longer." He says pouting.

I mock his expression. "There isn't any time to sleep in when Mia is somewhere out in the world with god knows who."

Once I've changed I head downstairs not saying another word to Harry as I leave him to have a shower.

Honestly, I don't know what has gotten into his mind. Him of all people should be looking for Mia, not thinking of sleeping in with me.

And I can't seem to erase his words from last night out of my mind.

Soon I'll have everything, Rain. I'll be able to give you the world. Just you wait.

What the hell does that mean? Does he think just because we slept together for one night, that automatically means we are back in a relationship? I don't think so. I am done with this man, no more, not ever again.

Plopping some bread in the toaster, I reach for my phone that's plugged into the wall next to the fruit bowl, besides Harry's.

Just as I'm about to check if I've received any texts from Roman, I notice Harry's phone light up, showing a text from an unknown number.

I swear, if you ever try that again, I will kill you.

What the hell? Try what again? Who is that?

I begin to type in his password, and open up his messages.

"What are you doing?" Harry's calm voice intrudes my thoughts, and I freeze in place with his phone still in my hands.

"I was just making breakfast." I say, with my back to him, placing the phone back on the counter silently and then reaching for some fruit. "Banana on toast?" I ask, hoping that he didn't see I was snooping in on his phone.

"Sounds good." He replies hesitantly, still looking at me with clear suspicion, though it disappears quickly when we both turn our attention to the toaster which is emitting a burnt-toast smell.

I hurry over to it and pop the black toast, throwing them onto a plate. "Still a terrible cook, I see." Harry remarks.

I roll my eyes and refrain from saying anything I'll regret.

"I'll just get the rest of my stuff so we can leave straight after breakfast." Harry says. "I was thinking we could head to Mia's apartment and check to see if there's anything there."

I begin buttering the toast. "Yeah, okay."

I listen as Harry begins up the stairs, and I find my eyes drifting back to his phone where the screen lights up once again.

My curiosity gets the better of me and I make my way back over, looking at the message.

What do you want with her?

What the hell? Who is Harry texting with? Want with who?

Something is terribly wrong about this. Harry isn't telling me something. And that means there's a reason he doesn't want me to know.

It can't be what I think it is... Can it?

Oh god.

I drop Harry's phone back onto the counter and hurry over to my draws filled with papers and such, as well as other things I have hidden within their depth.

My gun.

I rummage around, pulling out papers and random things I've dropped inside, until my fingers finally graze upon the metal handle and wrap around it.

"Rain." Harry's voice rings through the lounge room and I turn around slowly, with the gun at my side. His eyes follow my movement until they fall upon the gun held firmly in my hand. "What are you doing with that?" He asks, condescendingly.

"What are those texts on your phone?"

He looks at me, tilting his head slightly. "You saw them." He states, and I nod my head in return. "You weren't meant to." He mumbles quietly to himself.

"What are they?" I repeat firmer. "Who are they talking about?"

Harry chuckles and rubs his chin as if he's in thought about whether he should divulge the information or not. "I think that you should put the gun down."

"Answer me." I persist.

He shakes his head. "Just put the gun down." He says as he begins to approach me.

"Tell me!" I yell frustrated, backing away.

"Rain, you know nothing. Nothing." He hisses. "You don't know what you're-"

"What the fuck is going on Harry? Do you--Do  you know who has Mia?" I question hesitantly.

He stops in his tracks, and takes in a deep breath of air, composing himself.

Then he lunges forward instantly, reaching for the gun in my hand, and rips it from my grasp. I try to get it back, but he's too fast and catches my arm. His piercing blue eyes stare into mine, the eyes that I once loved... That I still love.

No matter how much I don't want to.

"Harry." I grit, before manoeuvring my elbow into the position where I'm able to propel him backwards, which works successfully.

He regains himself quickly, and looks down at the gun in his hand. "It's empty you know." He says coolly. "You wouldn't have been able to shoot me even if you wanted to."

I ignore his words reaching for the gun, but I'm not quick enough, and in an instant he brings the handle up and crashes it down on my skull.

I stumble backwards and clutch my head, feeling a searing pain spread throughout. Black spots begin to crowd my vision and I reach for something to keep me up, but instead only knock things over and fall to the ground.

Before the darkness consumes me, I look up to see Harry staring down with the gun pointed at me. "Always so difficult."

---------------------------------------------------
Heyo!!!!
Random question of the day; What is your fav Netflix show at the moment? Mine is currently New Girl, and it may or may not be the reason why I am not posting every day...
Anyway, thank you for reading!!!
Love ya'll!!!
-FoggyCloudyWords