New Place

The next day...

Davina's pov

"Your vitals are good and any smoke you accidentally inhaled has gone which means you're free to go. I just need to write up a report and then you can go" the doctor explains and I just smile in relief, happy that I can leave this place as it was just miserable being here even though it was only for one night.

"Okay" I respond "I will leave you to get yourself ready" he says before walking out the room and I huff as I don't have any clean clothes with me.

I have the clothes I wore last night but they're dirty and smell of smoke and are in desperate need of a wash. So I can't wear them.

I look up when there's a knock on the door "come in" I say thinking it's Kol returning from the cafeteria as he went to get me a drink.

The door opens and my sister enters "Hayley" I say happily as I rush over to her and pull her into a hug which she instantly returns. "I'm so glad you're okay. Is my niece okay?" I ask as we pull away from each other. "Relax the baby is fine. It's you and your little one I'm worried about and I apologise for only just coming to see you now" she responds "well me and my baby are fine. I am in the process of being discharged so I can leave" I explain making her sigh in relief.

"That's good, now I bought you some clean clothes as I figured you could do with some since I assume you only have the clothes you wore last night" she explains handing me a bag. "Hayley you're a lifesaver. I thought I was going to have to leave in this hospital gown" I respond making her giggle "never. So I heard Kol stayed with you last night" she says as I turn round, facing away from her as I open the bag.

"He did" I respond "where is he now?" she asks "he went to get me a drink from the cafeteria" I respond as I take off the hospital gown and pull on the leggings that Hayley bought me followed by a grey tank top and a beige jumper.

"So how are the wolves? Were there any casualties?" I ask "we lost two wolves to the fire but the rest are okay and only suffered a few burns" she explains making me sad to hear we lost two wolves that we should've been protecting.

"How about Kayla?" I ask worried for our aunt "she's pissed off about what happened but she's fine. They all turned back into their wolf forms and will remain like that for another month" Hayley explains "not if we find a way to break the curse that's placed on them" I suggest turning to face her after putting on my shoes.

"That's exactly what I was thinking so I thought it would be a good idea if we paid a visit to the bayou" she responds "what for?" I ask "before she turned back into a wolf Aunt Kayla told me there's a cabin in the bayou that belongs to our family and there's a lot of stuff that was left behind so I was thinking we could go and look through the stuff see if there's anything reversing the curse" she explains making me nod.

"The only way to reverse the curse is through a witch" I respond "I know and that's we need to find out what witch placed the curse on them" she replies just as the door opens and Kol walks in.

"Okay love I got you some orange juice and a banana bread slice for breakfast" he says without looking up so he doesn't notice Hayley.

"Thanks banana bread is my favourite" I respond making him look up and he sees Hayley. "Sup Hayley, you doing okay?" he asks as I walk over to him "I'm doing good thanks" Hayley replies as I reach him.

"You got a bit of breakfast right there" I say gesturing to his chin where there's a spot of blood indicating he had a snack on the way back. Kol frowns and tries to wipe it away but misses it so I bring my thumb to his chin and gently wipe away the blood "you're a mucky pup" I say with a little smile as I pull my thumb away.