Chapter 19

Meg POV

I don't understand why I didn't fall into the ocean. I kept my eyes shut tight out of fear, and I was clinching my fist. I could feel my hair hanging down as if I was laying flat on my back in mid air. It took a lot of courage to finally open my eyes.

I was right. I was hanging in mid air. I was facing up towards the sky, and my back was to the ocean. What's weird is that I was just hanging there. I wasn't moving, drifting, swaying, or anything. I was just hovering there. I was so confused.
I saw Pan poke his head over the edge of the cliff after he stopped hearing me scream.

"Meg! Are you ok?" Pan asked shock and confused.

"Uhhh-I think so...." I yelled back up to him.

How am I going to get back up to him? I asked myself.
I suddenly imagine myself flying up to him. I closed my eyes and concentrated on being light as a feather and simply floating back up to Peter. I swear I could feel wind gently blowing through my hair as if my vision was actually happening. I kept my eyes closed and went into deeper concentration.

"Meg.." I faintly heard Pans voice through my concentration. I was slowly coming out of my vision, and back into reality. Finally, I reopened my eyes and I was face to face with Peter. He wrapped me in a hug and squeezed me tightly against him.

Wait.

I was just down at the bottom of the cliff! How did I end up here? On solid ground? Did I just.....fly? It wasn't possible. I was just an average girl, and not someone who could fly.

"What just happened?" I asked dazed and confused.

"You just......flew up here." Peter replied.

"Wait....did you just say that I flew up here?" I asked shocked, I looked dead into Pans deep green eyes awaiting his reply.

"Yes something like that..." Peter looked into my eyes excitedly.

"How is that even possible?" I asked.

"Magic." Peter said sharply.

"But I'm not a magical person like you or my-" I stopped as realization hit me.

"What?" Pan lowered his eyebrows in question. "What is it?"

I turned on my heel to face him and said, "my mom."

Peter realized what I was saying and gasped.
"So since you are related to her," he started, "then maybe you have magic also!"

"And I think that just proved that I did," I gestured towards the bottom of the cliff. Peters eyes became wide as he tried to find something to say. The expression on his face almost made me bust out in laughter.

"So since Emma has magic and you are related to her, then you have magic.."

"Yea I guess so..."

Peter scratched the back of his neck and smiled. "I haven't seen magic on this island in a long time, but now it's standing right in front of me.." His smile could light a candle.

I took a step forward to get closer to him and said, "I've been here the whole time," and kissed him on the cheek.

"I know.." He whispered into my hair and kissed me on my cheek, and then my soft lips.

We stayed like that, standing on the side of the cliff, until we saw the sun starting to go down.

"We should go back to the treehouse." I said as Peter hugged me.

"Yea." He sighed as he held my head against his chest. We moved from that position to holding hands, and started trekking though the forest.

----•----