23. Her Courage Was Her Crown

╒══════╡°•✦•°╞══════╕

ONCE IN A BLUE MOON
𝓱𝓮𝓻 𝓬𝓸𝓾𝓻𝓪𝓰𝓮 𝔀𝓪𝓼 𝓱𝓮𝓻 𝓬𝓻𝓸𝔀𝓷

╘══════╡°•✧•°╞══════╛

FOR OVER A MONTH THAT LUNA has been a student in Forks High, or Forks in general, dare she say, it changed her life forever

FOR OVER A MONTH THAT LUNA has been a student in Forks High, or Forks in general, dare she say, it changed her life forever. It was an experience that never did she think was possible. An experience that never did she think that would make her the most alive. If only she knew this was what's waiting for her in Forks, then she shouldn't have moved with her mom.

Maybe her life would be different. There's a possibility that she wouldn't be scary, that she wouldn't be sarcastic...maybe she wouldn't have been raped, or fooled, or miscarried. There were a lot of possibilities if that one little decision about her staying with her dad was made.

But she did move. She became threatening, she became outrageously sarcastic, she had been raped, fooled, and had miscarried.

As much as most of those things upset her extensively, it brought her to Jasper. And that was the only bright side that she has in the trauma-filled, vast darkness.

"When we were five, they asked us what we wanted to be when we grew up..." Jessica said through the microphone as she recited her valedictorian speech. "Our answers were things like astronaut, president, or in my case, a princess."

A series of subtle chuckles echoed through the room as the students were entertained by Jessica's speech.

"When we were ten, they asked again. We answered, rockstar, cowboy, or in my case, a gold medalist."

The raven-haired girl turned to her soulmate as the word 'cowboy' was spoken by Jessica, causing smiles to spread on their lips.

"But now that we've grown up, they want a serious answer. Well, how 'bout this... Who the hell knows?"

Everyone cheered at Jessica's statement. It was the most real statement everyone has ever heard. In fact, the whole speech was so real, it made each and every student graduating in that very hall relate to it.

It even placed a wide smile on Luna's face.

"This isn't the time to make hard and fast decisions. This is the time to make mistakes. Take the wrong train and get stuck somewhere. Fall in love...a lot. Major in Philosophy because there's no way to make a career out of that."

Once again, the crowd chuckled at the speech, cheering for their valedictorian.

"Change your mind and change it again, because nothing's permanent. So, make as many mistakes as you can. That way someday when they ask us what we wanna be, we won't have to guess...We'll know."