Chapter Fifteen: A Work of Gory Art

EnderOni, Loop One:

Chapter 15:

A Work of Gory Art

-...-

“Has....Has anybody seen Sub?”

It was that moment when their stomachs dropped. Sky had just finished walking across the whole room, the library, and noticed that the mute was nowhere to be found. Did he just miss him? Sky walked back past the rows of books, and Sub wasn't between any of them. Sky, Seto, Ty, and Tyler looked at each other, a fear rising within their systems. Sure, Sub was questionable to his motives after trying to kill Ty, but he was still a friend they could not lose to the Oni.

“Oh god!” Sky choked, and they ran out the room.

“Where could he have gone?” Seto asked, eyes full of worry. There was still a chance.

“You think he went back down to the safe room?” Tyler asked. “O-Or upstairs?”

“We can't split up to look for him though!” Seto shook his head.

“Um, Guys..?” Ty gulped, but wasn't loud enough.

“I saw we go get Mitch and the others and search for him.” Sky suggested.

“But we don't have time!” Seto replied.

“Guys?” Ty frowned.

“We're wasting time like this!” Tyler said.

“GUYS!” Ty stomped loudly, and the three turned to him finally.

“What is it, Ty!?” Sky asked and they wanted for what he had to say.

Ty pointed to the room across the hall. The Piano Room.

“Do you smell that?” Ty asked, and then it was clear.

They all smelled it. It was blood. The strong stench of fresh blood.

“FUCK!” Tyler shouted, and they sprinted to the door of the Piano room.

Tyler couldn't open it at first, and Sky pushed him out of the way to try to open the door. “IT'S LOCKED!” Sky cried out.

“Move!” Ty then made his way to the door, and after a few seconds, he got it to open with a click.

They ran into the room, and what they found was a sight they would never forget. The most gory death of them all. One that, like the music once performed, was a work of art. A reply to Sub's final words, it would seem the Oni was most pleased.

The white piano was half red now. Crimson red seat and keys, as well as insides, and the floor too. There were still drips of blood falling from the instrument to the floor, suggesting that the death was only about a minute ago. As they got closer, they realized that, located in the back of the piano, where the strings are located, and the top is set up, laid a body. Like frightened cats, they slowly investigated, their hearts fast at work.