Chapter Twenty Nine

The King and his daughter sit elegantly on the pair of crimson velvet throne chairs, the frames elaborately decorated with oak leaf foliage

The King and his daughter sit elegantly on the pair of crimson velvet throne chairs, the frames elaborately decorated with oak leaf foliage. The Royal Coat of Arms of Panacea is carved on the top rails.

Today is supposed to be Hadley's coming-of-age ceremony, but the celebration ended in tragedy just an hour ago due to an incident involving possessed people. They suffered many losses; people disappeared without leaving any single trace. Not to mention the supernatural presence of the Aragons.

Possession. Demons. Disciples. So everything about the Nirvana Order is true, and the story of the Great Wizard is not a myth. Everything is real. There are demons lurking in their world, coexisting with them.

The heroes of mankind known as Aragons are for real. They are indeed saviors called by the angels who can save the lost and destroy those who are beyond saving. They are the disciples of the God of Light — holy warriors who exist to eradicate the evils that infiltrated their world.

The reality of their world.

The heavy silence inside the throne room lingers as the two royal figures stare at Ian. The young prince is kneeling on one knee on the carpeted floor a few steps away from them, his head bowed. His father summoned him immediately following the Aragons' departure. Of course, Ian had anticipated this, and his family was entitled to an explanation of what transpired during the ceremony.

Ian knows deep down that he can't keep something from someone forever, especially his family. He can't hide the fact that he is an Elysian, destined to be one of Azarios' holy warriors. Above all, he will never be able to change that reality.

He clenches his teeth. Today is the day he must confess everything. At this precise moment, he will reveal the truth that he had long buried deep within his memory. His family has the right to know. They must know what happened to the Queen now that they have awakened to reality. He realizes how selfish he has been in keeping that to himself, in telling them lies, and even in allowing his sister to suffer from the constant ache for their mother.

Hadley cried every night after their mother's disappearance, and a wave of guilt washed over Ian when he heard the pain and longing in her voice. That is why Ian must make his final decision right now.

Which path should I take?

"Speak." His father's deep voice bounces off the walls.

Ian's fists clench, his heart pounding inside his chest. The air around them gets colder by the second, making him quiver if he isn't already. He swallows, takes a deep breath, and then raises his head to meet the gazes of his most precious people.

"Father, Hadley. I deeply apologize for keeping things from you. I . . . I couldn't muster the courage to tell you about my change." He tightens his jaw, maintaining a firm face while ignoring how much his body shakes. "It happened about a month ago. I saw a Light that changed my belief. An angel called me to be Azarios's warrior."