Chapter 49

Song - Mercy by Shawn Mendes
Status - Summary song. (This song works so well for this chapter and this whole book!!)

I follow Charlie on to the Ferry and we find our school's designated area

I follow Charlie on to the Ferry and we find our school's designated area. We sit down and Toby, Carter, and Blake quickly follow. I notice Aiden is nowhere to be seen and I look around for him. My heart shatters into a million pieces when I see him sit beside a smirking Tiffany. She practically sits on top of him and I have to physically keep the tears from falling.

Charlie notices this and grabs my hand in a comforting motion. I smile at her but eye my phone sitting in my pocket. I felt like I needed to talk to someone, and the person who I so desperately wanted to talk to was back in Pearlacre at the school on the other side of town.

I loved Charlie more than anything and she was literally my rock but she had been so happy lately and Dale always seemed to understand exactly what I was feeling and what to say to cheer me up. I look at the time and see it's nearly 12:00, I knew Dale had a free period at 12:00 and planned to call him the second I could. The thought cheered me up slightly. Just 15 more minutes.

"I'm sorry Em, he's acting like a dick," Charlie whispers in my ear so no one else hears. I smile at her gratefully, I really was lucky to have Charlie in my life.

"Alright guys, I need to mark the roll again. Listen for your names," Miss Wilson smiles as she begins reading out names. I listen for my name and call out when it's called. Eventually, she finishes reading out the roll and everyone starts moving around and mingling with the other schools.

I'm about to go and find a quiet spot so I can call Dale when Toby yells out my name excitedly. I look for him and see him with a mop of familiar, fiery red hair.

"Amy," I yell excitedly as she pulls me into a hug; "are you guys on the trip as well?"

"Yeah!! The boys have gone to buy me food and I literally ran into Toby, is Aiden and the others here as well?" Amy grins.

"Yeah, they're somewhere," I attempt to joke, my heart dropping a little at the reminder that Aiden was with Tiffany.

"What's it like dating the bad boy?" Amy winks cheekily.

"Aiden? We're not dating," I laugh awkwardly.

"WHAT?! STILL?!" Amy yells. A few people turn to look at her because of the interruption but she sticks her finger up at them and they turn back around.

"Yeah...?" I draw questionably.

"I was sure you guys would be together by now," Amy says, evident shock in her words. She looks at Toby questionably and I see him mumble some words under his breath but I can see that neither us get what he says.

"Alright then...it's been so long!! I miss having you at the tracks but I 100% understand why you don't go anymore because of that fucker Bates," Amy begins awkwardly but finishes in her usual confident excitement.