Ch61 - Attractiveness.

Because Wang Lu had rushed over early in the morning, he had yet to eat his breakfast but that became the last thing on his mind when he saw Kang Shengzhe. His complexion was rather ugly, and even Kang Shengzhe, who hadn't cared much for it after he had returned from sending You Liangxing off, started becoming concerned under Wang Lu's ceaseless worry.

"Have you sent him off?"

Kang Shengzhe nodded, and Wang Lu asked in hurry: "Is your body really fine? How does your throat feel?"

Kang Shengzhe said: "It's, fine." His voice was still raspy and he chose to use his phone to type instead.

— It'll be fine in a few days.

"That's good, the live broadcast can still go on, we can manage it in three to four days." Sighing with relief, Wang Lu wanted to say something but he stopped himself. If he did not want to say it, Kang Shengzhe would not pursue it either; other than the out of the ordinary fervour he had for You Liangxing, he was usually lazy.

After taking a good while to make preparations in his heart, Wang Lu spoke: "Last night, I gave the company a call, and asked what could be done. The company..."

Kang Shengzhe remained silent, and Wang Lu gritted his teeth and spat out: "Didn't care."

Like he had predicted.

Kang Shengzhe was not surprised in the least. Within the anchor circles, it was not rare for someone to privately hire the likes of scoundrels to beat up their competitors. And so what if it happened – the company barely interfered with such matters, considering how both the victim and the perpetrator himself were anchors from the same company. Furthermore, after the incident occurred, it was unclear as to who the senior executives in the company would want to protect.

"Considering the circumstances, it's very obvious who the offender is. But the company said, do you have the evidence? If you don't have it, how could you accuse Piaoluo..."

While he was speaking, he was constantly gnashing his teeth and he looked so angry that his head seemed to be aching. "Frankly speaking, everyone is well-aware in their hearts that Piaoluo is not a kind-hearted person; if this matter wasn't his doing, then it may as well be ghosts. However, the company is even better; not only did they not care, they kept asking whether your injuries were heavy, and if you could still broadcast live."

This entire time, Kang Shengzhe had remained the passive listener but he chose to lift his phone just then.

— What will happen if I can't broadcast?

Wang Lu showed some delay in his reaction: "If you can't broadcast live, then it would be in accordance to Piaoluo's wishes since a substitution is required?"

Kang Shengzhe thought about it for a moment before he typed: — How did Piaoluo react?

Wang Lu stiffened: "I don't know, I didn't ask.... But he'll definitely be happy about the fact that you were injured. If he knew that you were fine and he was being happy for nothing, pei, he would deserve every bit of it."

Speaking of that, Wang Lu harboured traces of resentment.

Kang Shengzhe: — Call and ask.

Wang Lu could not understand his request in the moment, "Ask what?"

After contemplating it carefully, he realized that something was amiss. Thus, he picked up his phone and left the room with a green tinge on his face, only to return with a darkened expression.

"You read it right, Piaoluo did not stop there. After hearing that you could continue to undertake the live broadcast, he started to implicitly hint to the higher echelons that it was not reliable for an injured person to do it alone, and he was afraid that something might occur during the broadcast, how shameless! If I hadn't made the call, the company probably would have arranged for the both of you to broadcast together with Bai Yao in the afternoon.... That won't do, I have to make a trip to the company now."