Chapter 17 - Rem Suspicion

(Y/n Pov)

We were in the garden of the mansion. I was sitting down on the soft grass that tickles my hands. I have been training my magic the whole day and was now exhausted.

Subaru: "I'm exhausted..."

Puck: "You're both quite the hard workers."

Subaru: "I'm not done yet. I need to prepare dinner and clean the rooms. I'll get back to work after a little break."

Puck: "It's only your first day, and you're so spirited."

Subaru: "Well... Some important things are at stake here."

Subaru looked at Emilia, who was talking to the lesser spirits, as I let out a yawn and stared at the sky while daydreaming.

Subaru: "By the way, what kind of magic does Emilia-tan use?"

Puck: "Technically, Lia isn't really a magic-user. That goes for her contract with me, too. She uses spirit arts."

He said as he flew around both of us.

Subaru: "So those who use magic and spirit arts are different..."

I have already had this lesson with Puck and Emilia once, so I just day-dreamed it away.

***

After the explanation on what the differences between a magic-user and a spirit arts user, Puck tested what Subaru's attributes are, and we found out that it was shadow.

Next, he asked me if I wanted to be tested too. And I nodded. Let's just say Subaru wasn't too happy about me having better attributes than him.

Puck: "An easy one would be something like Shamac."

Emilia: "That's a blinding spell, right?"

Hearing this, Puck let out a grin that doesn't look good at all. I was about to leave when he suddenly sat on my shoulder, smiling at me with a devil smile.

Puck: "Where do you think you're going, Y/n?"

Y/n: "Ah, I was just about to, umm... I-"

Puck: "Anyways, want me to show you, Subaru?"

Subaru: "For real? Let's see, let's see!"

Emilia: "Wait, Puck..."

Y/n: "I haven't agreed to this at all..."

With his hand swipe down, he chanted the spell.

Puck: "Shamac!"

At the next moment, everything seemed to be dark. I could almost see nothing. So this is Shamac, huh? Pretty useful, if I may say so. Just as I started walking, I suddenly felt like I could see everything clearly.

Confused by this, I looked over at Puck and Emilia, who saw my eyes.

Puck: "Okay, that's it."

Everything went back to normal, and I found myself in front of a bush.

Puck: "What'd you think? That was Shamac."

Emilia: "Are you both all right?"

Turning around, I looked over at Emilia and Puck with a nod. I wasn't sure if it was one of my abilities as an 'Élan Vital,' but if it is, then Shamac won't have much effect on me. Even without it, I can still use the Voice of the Wind to guide me.