8.

MISUMI SHINYYA

It's been a couple of days now since I've started here at Inarizaki. Everything went well, so far nothing has happened but that still didn't assure me enough. With the twins constantly by my side 24/7 and strangely Suna too who has been making more effort to strike a conversation with me instead of grabbing the opportunity to sleep, a wave of relief washed over me to think that I'm finally not alone for the first time in two years.

But this time, I sat alone in the music room, escaping from the twins once again as I didn't bother eating lunch. My ear listen closely to the sound as I plucked the string to tune my violin, that is until a different sound creaking caught my attention instead.

Turning to the door, the tall middle-blocker slowly creaks open the door, hoping to go unnotice by me as he continued to stealthily look around.

"What are you doing here?" I spoke flatly.

Suna's lazily diverts his attention to me, closing the door in the process as he stood by the doorway.

"I was playing minecraft," he replied monotonously, "and my ender pearl brought me here."

I stared at him with a deadpanned expression, crossing my arms as I tapped my foot impatiently on the ground.

"What? It's true." He said, raising his phone that showed that he has just recently opened the app.

"Whatever."

I huffed, putting all my attention back on the violin and the musical sheet infront of me as I started playing the piece—

"What are you practicing for?" Suna asked curiously, putting his bag on the floor as he settled on the chair beside mine.

"To get better."

"No special event or anything?"

"Do you really need that kind of reason to practice, Suna-san?" I muttered, still effortlessly playing the violin.

"Drop the honorifics and just call me Suna, chibi." He said, making me turn to him.

"Am I really that short, bendy boy?"

"Bendy boy I—" he paused, sighing before taking his bento box out of the bag as he continued. "Compared to me, you're really short. 5'4? Pfft! Are you a pokémon?"

"Insult my height all you want, just let me practice in peace." I calmly replied.

"You're not gonna eat lunch?"

"My food's with the twins."

"Why would it be with them?" Suna tilted his head in confusion.

"'Cause they think that if they have my bento with them then I wouldn't escape," I shrugged, snickering. "They're wrong."

"You can share with me."

Raising a brow, I faced him. My eyes scanned his expression for any sign of jokes, but surprisingly he was dead serious.

"We just know each other for a week, why would you do that?" I asked.

"In all honesty, shorty, I wanna get to know you." He leaned forward, elbow propped on his knee as he place his chin on his palm. "Tell me more about yourself."

Suna wants to know more about me...? I asked myself, stunned. Why all of a sudden?

Looking away, I mumbled. "I don't want to get you involved in my life, so no."

"That's rude. I'm bestfriends with the twins too, so we might as well get along." He shrugged.

"Shouldn't you be in the cafeteria with your team?"