Fifty-Two

Amelia was sitting in her bedroom at the manor. She wanted to be alone. She didn't know how she could return to Hogwarts and not be near her daughter. Severus was still hiding her.

Amelia knew that deep down, it was for the best that Severus had her. It was the only way to keep her safe and away from Voldemort. Amelia knew that if he was to find out about her, he would kill her.

The door opened and Narcissa walked in. She sat down on the bed. "Amelia. I know you're missing her. But where she is now, is for the best," she said.

Amelia shrugged and nodded. She knew it was. But she was worried that she wouldn't get to see her little girl again. She was scared that Ivy was going to be left an orphan.

****

Maisie looked up as Amelia walked in. She smiled. "It's hard huh?"

Amelia nodded. "Yeah. It's even harder now I know that she's with Severus. I know she's safe there. But... I miss her so much. I don't even know if I will be able to get her back. What if Severus forms a bond with her and he won't let me have her back?"

Maisie smiled slightly. "That won't happen. Severus doesn't have a paternal bone in him. He's keeping her at Hogwarts because he knows it's safe for her. And we're going back to Hogwarts tomorrow so you can see her whenever you want," she said.

Amelia shrugged. "I don't know. Who wouldn't want to keep that little ball of perfection? My little baby. And I might not get to see her grow up," she mumbled.

"Yes you will. Be positive. Meli, you kept your pregnancy hidden for 9 months. Not many people could have done that. You protected that little girl more than anyone ever could. And do you know something, I wouldn't blame you if you ran with her."

"I have thought about it. More than anyone will know. I sat in bed last night and just thought... what if I take her and I run? No one would ever have to know about her. That she exists. And that's perfect," Amelia said.

****

Severus looked up as the floo lit up. He saw Amelia stepping out. She sighed. "I want to see her."

"She's with Minverva. Don't worry. No one saw her," Severus said as he looked at her. He saw the panicked look on her face. "I promise. She was and is safe," he told her.

Amelia nodded and sighed. She sat down opposite him. "Has she been okay?"

Severus nodded. "Yes. She's been fine. Dobby has been looking after her."

"Okay."

****

The door to the office opened and Minerva walked in with Ivy. Amelia stood up and took her baby. She held her close and sobbed.

Minerva looked at Severus. "I'll leave you both to it. Amelia, you truly have a beautiful daughter. And I only hope that I'm still here should she come to Hogwarts," she said.

Amelia smiled and nodded. "I-I was thinking about this. But I was going to ask Professor Dumbledore but that can't happen now, I was wondering if you'd consider being her godmother? I have Maisie and Draco. But she will need someone else. Sirius has agreed too."

Severus scoffed. Amelia turned back him. "It's my choice who I have in her life. You didn't want her at first. Yes you're doing me such a massive help by having her here. But please, don't argue with me."

"Fine."

Minerva smiled as she looked at Amelia. "I would love to. Thank you."

****

Amelia knew she had no other option. She was going to take Ivy and run. She didn't know where she was going to go. But she only hoped that she could survive.

She had no idea in that moment that the war was closing in. And soon everything was going to change.