6.

Sunday morning flew by quick. Kaycee's class with Matt was phenomenal. She loved it.

Ever since the first time kaycee worked with Matt she felt a special connection to him and his work, so taking class from him as regularly as she did was like a dream come true.

Toward the end he bugged her about not being herself still, just like he did a few nights ago, but like she did before, she brushed it off and claimed to be fine.

She had company coming over tonight, some of those unwanted, and she needed to get home and clean up before hand but Matt was holding two more classes and he asked kaycee to assist him...how could she say no?

She wouldn't be out of there until 6 with how the classes were scheduled but she didn't mind. The longer she could keep her mind from her current situation the better.

She called her mom, and despite not wanting kaycee to be gone all day, she complied anyway, cleaning up the house for their company later.

Kaycee and Sean had a bunch of friends and family coming to watch the music video because they were both so proud of it, and kaycee was so thankful that Tahani and Tati would be there to keep her company from Sean and Bailey.

They of course, still had no clue about Kaycee's feelings toward Sean or anything else about the situation...but it would still be nice to have them there.

The next couple of classes with Matt were great. She ended up being happy that she stayed and decided to help him because it was totally worth it.

After she'd gotten done conversing with Matt about the next couple classes she'd take coming up next week, she grabbed her bag and her phone and got in the car with her sister who was picking her up.

Kaycee could drive. But she insisted not after dancing all day.

When she glanced down at her phone she had texts upon texts from her mom, Bailey, Sean, and her friends asking where she was and when she'd get back.

She just ignored them, knowing she'd be home in 5 minutes anyway.
...

When she walked in the door everyone greeted her, and she just smiled. Her eyes focused on Bailey and Sean in the kitchen faced away from her.

He didn't even turn around to see her walk in, and that was never normal.

That immediately dimmed her mood, and she brushed everyone off to go take a shower before 7.

By the time she got out it was 6:45 and the video would premiere in 15 minutes.

Yeah she was excited to see it, but she also knew her reaction was going to be emotional...she didn't want to to be, but she knew it was going to be.

Everyone was plating their food and finding seats on the Rice's couch, but kaycee took a seat on the floor forgetting about her hunger.

Laura: "kaycee honey, aren't you gonna eat?"

Kaycee: "nah I'm not really hungry mom, but it looks really good!!"

Laura: "you've been dancing all day sweet heart, and I'm pretty sure I didn't see you eat anything before you left at 7:30 this morning"

Kaycee: "I brought a banana and some snacks with me, I ate today I promise. And I'll eat later"

Her mom had bent down beside her, not wanting the entirety of the room to hear.

Laura: "you're worrying me kaycee"

Kaycee: "I'm fine mom"

Laura: "I see how hurt you look..."

Kaycee: "well I'm trying my best to hide it...okay?!"

Laura: "you shouldn't have to hide it honey"

Kaycee: "I have to mom...you don't get it. If I show him how upset this makes me it'll upset him and I just want him to know that I am happy for him...no matter how upsetting it is for me"

Laura: "okay baby, don't get worked up. The rest of the night is gonna be good yeah?"

Kaycee just shook her head. It was like she could physically feel the pain in her heart.

She sat staring blankly at the countdown on the screen when she felt Tahani and Tati sit down on both sides of her on the floor.

Kaycee: "you know you guys can sit on the couch right?"

She giggled for the first time all night.

Tahani: "we know, but we can tell when something bothers you and it's pretty evident"

Tati: "this isn't our kaycee"

Kaycee: "I'm alright guys, I promise. I just had a really long day and I'm super sleepy..."

Tahani: "we're also not blind kayc"

Kaycee: "what do you mean?"

Tahani: "Sean hasn't said one word to you all night, we notice stuff like that...don't you?"

Kaycee: "of course I notice but I guess I just didn't think much of it...hes got a girlfriend now, more to pay attention to I guess"

Tati: "he's your best friend kaycee...he shouldn't be doing that"

Kaycee: "I don't really wanna talk about it anymore guys...if that's okay"

Tahani: "you don't have to ask us twice...now let's get excited your music vid is coming out in two minutes!!"

Kaycee: "I am excited, trust"

They smiled and focused their attention on everyone loading into the living room and getting seated on the couch.

It started.

The two of them facing one another at a dining room table, and that was all it took for her to break down.

Tears roamed down the sides of her cheeks as she continued to watch.

It physically pained her when it came to the part on the stair case. The smile he gave her when he looked at her made her melt in that moment and she remembers exactly the way it made her feel.

Causing her to cry harder.

She tried not to make it evident...her hands placed over her cheeks so the stream wasn't visible at a short glance.

It ended with them gripping each others hands and that's all it took to get the whole room cheering. Except for kaycee who had her face buried in her hands, the tears still escaping one by one.