T H I R T Y O N E

𝘐'𝘷𝘦 𝘭𝘪𝘯𝘬𝘦𝘥 𝘢 𝘴𝘰𝘯𝘨 𝘧𝘰𝘳 𝘵𝘩𝘪𝘴 𝘤𝘩𝘢𝘱𝘵𝘦𝘳 𝘢𝘣𝘰𝘷𝘦, 𝘦𝘯𝘫𝘰𝘺.

♥️

"Alex, I promise I'm good and that I can walk. You don't need to carry me around everywhere, everyone is looking at us," I exclaimed and hid my face in his chest, trying to avoid the stares around me.

The only response , I got, in return was Alex tightening his hold around me, right now we are on our way out of the airport to our way car so that we could finally head home.

The flight back was pretty comfortable because Alex made sure there was a literal cushion wall all around me, and over that, I was being fed every two to three hours.

As much as this felt new and uncomfortable, I liked it.

No, I loved it.

I love being taken care of by Alex, he's been treating me as though I am a broken glass and, admittedly, he is going a little overboard but, this is the first time someone is looking after me and, I am secretly in love with each and every passing moment.

Alex helped me settle in the car and got in himself while signaling the driver to get started.

"There is, someone waiting for you at home," Alex said while I looked up at him with a confused expression.

"Waiting, For me?"

Who'd wait for me?

"You are talking about Maya or Ian, right?" I asked and, Alex shook his head, indicating a no.

Who else could it be?

"Mary, is it Mary?" Once again, Alex shook his head, indicating a no.

A pout graced my face, unknowingly, I pulled on the sleeve of Alex's shirt like I always do when I want to get his attention, "who is it then?"

Alex looked up from his iPad, on which he was reading some reports from and tilted his head slightly.

"Wait, it is supposed to be a surprise" I frowned.

"Tell me, pleaseeee?" I whined a little and noticed that the ends of Alex's lips lifted up a little and disappear just as soon as they appeared.

"You have to wait for it, princess," Alex said and got back to reading his report while I sat there, frozen.

Princess?

Me?

Alex's princess?

I looked down at my ring finger and felt my face heat up.

Alex's princess, just like he is my safe.

I smiled and turned to look outside the window only to get lost in my train of thoughts, with a smile embracing my face.

I am someone's princess now too, mom.

I am safe's princess.

A princess, who's going to save her prince.

Soon.

♥️

I felt butterflies in my stomach as Alex put me back on my legs and opened the door to our apartment.

Our.

The moment the door opened, Maya came towards me and gave me a tight hug "hello darling, are you holding up well? I heard you got injured?"