Chapter Two - The Weasley's

I looked at the brick wall between platforms nine and ten. I couldn't quite believe what my father was telling me.

Run towards the wall?

My cart, which was piled with a few suitcases, was situated in front of me, packed with my supplies as well as a few personal items.

My owl, a white-faced scops-owl to be exact, sat calmly in the cage. The cage was balanced on my suitcases ever so carefully so as not to hurt the animal inside.

"I'm not so sure about this." I said to my father.

"Oh, you're quite alright. Just run straight through." The voice that answered me was not my father at all, but a tall, lanky, red-headed boy.

He also had a cart, although his seemed to be much fuller than mine.

"But what if I crash?"

"You won't." The red-headed boy said.

"Unless you bump into someone on the other side." Another tall, lanky, red-headed boy said this to me. For a moment I thought I was seeing double, but in fact, it was just the boys' twin brother.

Or so I hoped.

"Oi, you're not allowed to hold that against me. Maybe if you had gone after me, you wouldn't have been hit."

"Well maybe if you had watched where you were going."

The two boys playfully bickered back and forth between one another, seeming to forget all about me and the conversation they had started with me.

"Those two boys are quite right. You won't crash. Just believe me. You'll be alright." My father placed his hand on my shoulder as he said this. He swiftly pulled me into a long hug. "Good luck sweetie. Have fun and write home."

"I will."

"George! Fred! Stop bickering and get your butts on the train!" A small, plump, also red-headed woman shouted at the twins', who I now knew to be George and Fred. I assumed this woman was their mom, considering how they were the only family on the platform with fiery red hair.

"Alright, alright. We're going." The twins answered in unison.

With no hesitation, the two boys grabbed their carts and ran full speed towards the brick wall between platforms nine and ten.

Within the blink of an eye, they had vanished, supposedly to the platform that was hidden from the non-wizarding world. Or at least that was how my father had described it.

I took a deep breath, gripping the handles of my cart. I started off slowly walking my cart towards the wall, but quickly sped up. My feet moved quicker and quicker, before I was just moments from hitting the wall.

I closed my eyes, bracing for the impact of the cart slamming into my chest, but it never came.

I opened my eyes, and gasped at what I saw.

It was a whole other platform that had not been there just moments before. The shiny, bright red train blew its whistle, signaling ten minutes till departure.

"Told ya you wouldn't crash." George (or was it Fred?) said to me, a smirk on his face as he did. "Have a little faith next time. I would never steer ya wrong." He winked, making me blush.

"Y/N." I stuck out my hand, in hopes of making new friends at a school where I knew no one.

"George." He shook my hand. "And this idiot here is Fred." He pointed to his twin brother, who he promptly smacked upside the head.

"Yeah, sure. I'm the idiot."

"Didn't think you'd admit it!" They both chuckled, their laughs almost as loud as the train itself.

I couldn't help but smile. These two strange boys. If everyone at Hogwarts was as nice as these two, maybe I wouldn't have trouble making friends at all.