CH 1:Is It Really What It Seems?

***KAO'S APARTMENT***

Mew had been at Kao's place for three weeks now. He would do nothing, ask for nothing. Mew would just keep sitting on the couch, zoning out the whole day long. Tears would stream down his face several times a day silently, but he won't make a sound. Kao was worried about his friend's composure. But he would not dare ask him anything.

All Kao knew was, Mew had hurt his wife, and now he was keeping his distance. No reason for specified for that. Mew had already apologised for what he did, but he was not expecting any forgiveness. Kao could only be around him and do nothing for his friend. Kao felt powerless, he could only stand around in a corner looking at his friend drowning in the whirlpool of his guilt.

The door slammed open, Earth and Baifern barged in. Mew was still sitting on the couch, lost in his own world of guilt. Earth noticed the marks of dry tears on his face and tried to be rational.

What if the situation is not what you think it is. It would be better to hear Mew's version of the situations, Earth told himself.

Baifern was already losing her mind and was heading towards the expressionless, lost Mew. Earth pulled her hand and told her to calm down. Kao was standing there looking at the situation.

What mess has Mew created that P'Baifern is interfering. Kao thought, even more worried now.

Mew was still shedding tears silently when Baifern shouted at him. Mew came back to reality and looked at the angry lady in front of him. "You bastard!" Baifern started to shoot at him. Mew accepted it. "I the fuck trusted you with my brother! and now look! what the fuck! you have done!" Baifern could murder him at the moment and Mew won't complain.

Earth was observing Mew's expressions, and knew that it wasn't what it looked like exactly. Kao was still not doing anything in his friend's defence as he thought it was his family matter, Baifern was his sister-in-law after all.

Baifern shot at him again, "Do you know how much Gulf is suffering because of you being selfish?", but she wasn't shouting this time. Her tone changed to a sad one. Her only brother, the one she has always valued as the most precious was right now hurting, again, just because of a bastard man. Mew was now on his knees, Baifern never forced him to, but he got to that posture by himself. He could not believe how much of a bastard he himself was, to hurt his wife. He had sworn to never hurt his wife... but he did. He did the thing his wife hated the most.

Earth got to Baifern, convincing her to leave and go to Gulf. They could not leave that broken man alone. Baifern without a second thought left, her first priority always had been her baby brother.

Earth got to Mew and asked him why did he leave Gulf alone. Mew told him the sequences from the night and said that he regretted doing it. Earth knew that Mew does regret his actions. "Ai'Mew! If you really do regret your actions then you better do the necessary thing to make it right!" Earth had only this much tosay.

The door opened behind them and Singto entered, something in his hands, alcohol maybe. As soon as Singto saw Mew on his knees and Earth's expression, he could not help it. "Ai'Earth! Don't blame everything on Mew!" Singto had to defend this vulnerable man. This was something Kao wanted to do, but he didn't want problems with his lover because of all this and he didn't even know the situation as good as Earth.

"What do you even know?!" Singto yelled defending his friend.. "Not that you know everything! Or do you!" Earth had to fight back.

Singto knew that Mew did not want to leave Gulf. He knew his friend loved his wife dearly and won't ever leave him to rot selfishly. Gulf was the first person, Mew had fallen so deep for. He had to defend Mew because he knew, that his friend himself is way too vulnerable right now to say a single word for himself. Singto found it really evil of Earth to pick on Mew when he was in this situation. Earth did not know Mew's half of the story.

Earth was ready to go to any extent to protect Gulf right now. They had been friends since they were kids and now their bond had grown strong enough to call themselves brothers. Gulf was a gullible person, and Earth knew he needs someone to be on his side all the time. He had decided to be Gulf's number one friend back in middle school itself. He never back on these words. He was the one to punch Ace before the incident reached the elders. Gulf was so depressed back then. He could not go to school for a whole year. This time he doesn't even call it Mew's mistake. Gulf just says that Mew will come back, give him time. Gulf really can't see how much he is suffering himself. Mew is a fool who either regrets that night or his actions. Better if he is regretting his actions.

Earth was frowning. "Earth, please don't be like this. Mew is not in his right state of mind nowadays, he does regret his stupidity." Kao couldn't hold it in anymore. "I'm leaving. Can't leave my friend alone for too long like someone over here" it was a mock for Mew. "Ai'Earth! Now that is too much!" Singto could punch Earth any time soon. Earth left the three of them alone.

*1 WEEK LATER*

Baifern had moved in with Gulf to his and Mew's apartment. Their parents still didn't know of all this. Baifern told Tay and New that she was moving to her girlfriend's. She didn't want them to worry about Gulf. She won't leave her brother alone even if the whole universe turned their back to him, she won't.

Baifern would made breakfast for them every morning. Drive Gulf to the university. Gulf had finally started to go to school again, only to try to see if Mew was doing okay, though. Baifern would hug him to sleep, Gulf couldn't sleep on his own when sad.

In the university, Mew won't hangout with their gang. Singto and Kao would be with them but not Mew. Earth, Krist and Saint would always keep Gulf accompanied. Saint was not only worried for his friend, but also for himself.

His boyfriend was Mew's brother. Saint was afraid of a similar situation might happen to him. Zee had been super busy with his academics, not getting a lot of time for Saint.

Though these weren't the only couples who were facing problems. Earth and Kao had been having problems since neither was ready to listen to the other's opinion on this. Singto would always tak Mew's side, whereas Krist couldn't stand how could he unsee Mew's mistakes. They loved each other, but the problem their friends were having was dragging them all in conflicts with themselves and their lovers consequently.

_________________________________________________________________

I know, I know that this is starting on such a bad note. All the ships are having a tough time. I'll try to wind this mess up as soon as possible.

(though I don't think it can be done very quick but I'll try.)

Sorry.

Vote and comment as per your liking...

- Wan <3

Ps. there will be a surprise in the future.