Chapter 27

My time was now spent studying. Every second of everyday. Sirius couldn't have picked a worse time to throw me into a state dread. But luckily for me everyone else was spending all their time studying as well. Even the twins and Lee put a hold on their pranks, and spent time studying for their O.W.L.S.

Though Luna was a year below us, she still still studied with Kala and I in the library. The guilt of abandoning Laurie in Potions for weeks got to me, and so I invited her to study with us(much to Kala's disapproval). But, Laurie had declined, claiming winning Cedric back was important than exams. I had even tried to reconnect with the three younger Gryffindors, but Harry was too much in another dimension to focus. Ron was barely trying, and Hermione was freaking out over her insane amount of classes.

So I stayed with my two best friends. Which I had no problem with, I liked it better this way. Though, lately with Kala's constant glances towards Luna, and Luna constantly trying to help Kala(even though she's the younger one). I felt I was intruding on a date that neither of them knew they were on.

It was only a week into June, and I couldn't get an ounce of sleep. Between the innocent Hippogriff being murdered tonight, the fact that Remus had to endure a full moon, and the nerves of upcoming exams; I couldn't keep my eyes closed. Something about tonight didn't feel right at all.

Quickly and silently, I got up and grabbed my wand and the map. It wouldn't hurt to check the Owlery one more time like I had the dozens of times this week. Charlie still hasn't answered my letter and I was starting to worry he never would.

I had taken Professor Flitwick's advice, and contacted Charlie about spending the summer in Romania. All the days spent caring for the creatures that flocked to Luna, really put my future into perspective. Of course, I couldn't just join Care of Magical Creatures right away, hence me owling Charlie.

"I solemnly swear that I am up to no good," I whisper while stepping slowly down the girls stairs. As I scanned the nearby halls and classrooms for anyone I could run into; I didn't think to look at the Shrieking Shack where I would an odd group of Sirius, Remus, Harry, Ron, Hermione, Peter Pettigrew, and Snape huddled together.

It took my forever to reach the tower with Filch constantly making me switch halls, and just the distance between the two towers. My entire body was in pain by the time I reached the top -I had never been in good shape, and the few weeks I spent in bed didn't help. But it was all worth it when I saw the tiny, charcoaled colored bird I had borrowed. I plucked the cream colored letter out of its beak, and began to read.

Eva,
Sorry it took me a while to respond, but I had to check with my boss and Mum of course. It took me a few tries but I convinced them both to let you spend the summer here! Of course you won't be able to get to close to the dragons for safety issues, but I think it'll be a great experience for you. I'll pick you up on the platform.
With love, Charlie

A wave of excitement flew through me, and a huge grin grew on my face. I was going to spend my summer among dragons! As much as I loved Molly and the rest of the Weasley's, I felt guilty about how much they had already taken care of me. Plus, it would be a way to avoid Fred all summer. All of our interactions had been confusing, and constantly bouncing back and forth between flirty and friendly.

The excitement, but also drowsiness of being up so knocked me out of my senses. So, the Marauder's Map that sat warmly in my pocket stayed there, forgotten, until I happened to run right into Professor Dumbledore. "Professor!" my voice squeaks while he looks at me with a smile on his lips. "I'm sorry for being-"

"No need Miss Black. I've had a long night and have no interest in handing out detentions," he pauses before continuing, "If I were you, I'd have a nice, long conversation with Harry tomorrow in the hospital wing," his tone was neutral like always but his face had a small smile.

As I tried to think of what I possibly needed to talk to Harry for, it hit me. It had sounded so natural and easy in our conversation. Miss Black. Eva Black. It had a nice ring to it.