Chapter Seventy Four

'Dear Emily,
There's no way that those Ravenclaws can get away with that hex! I suggest you use the 'charm' issued below to help with fixing that problem.
As for the drama going on between Tony and Gabby, you'll have to tell me who won the freeze out - did he cave? I feel like he would've given in after a day. No wait, after lunch.
Thank you for the cauldron cakes you sent, I greatly appreciated them and request sugar wands in my next care package.
~ Snuffles
P.S. Buckbeak appreciated the ferret, just please next time warn me when you send a dead animal'

I laughed as I finished the letter, placing them in my enchanted-lock box before leaving for the common room, jumping on Fred's back immediately.
"Oi, beanpole"
"What, you absolute gremlin" he smiled, fake distaste in his voice.
"I love you" I sang quietly, watching a light blush cover his cheeks and turn his ears bright red.
"Love you too" he mumbled, dumping me on the sofa and collapsing on top of me, face hidden in my stomach.
I snickered, running my hands through his hair as he continued to try and hide the blush on his cheeks, "You know, if you were trying to not be obvious, this isn't helping your case"
He just grumbled, pushing his face further into my jumper.
"You're unbelievable" I giggled, continuing to play with his hair as I looked around the common room.
Lee and George were in the corner, having a hushed conversation, when I waved them over.
"Emily, you have a Fred on you" Lee pointed out sarcastically, sitting heavily in one of the armchairs by the fire, George perching on the arm rest.
Instead of a verbal response, Fred lifted his middle finger and aimed it vaguely in their direction, not moving from his place.
Giggling, I rested my hand on the back of his neck, instead focusing on the other two boys, "I had a thought. It's been a long time since our last prank, what with all this pre-holiday work, and we haven't seen Peeves in a while..."
George's eyes lit up, leaning forwards, "Are you suggesting what I think you're suggesting?"
"That we team up with Peeves?" Fred said, words muffled.
"Just in time for Easter" Lee added, a ghost of a smile on his lips, "it would be chaos"
"Exactly. I'm thinking that if we get him in on it, we could really go wild"
Lee hummed thoughtfully, stroking an imaginary beard, "nice thinking, young one. You're missing one thing though"
"What?"
"How do we get him to work with us?"

"I shouldn't have asked" Lee groaned, following reluctantly behind me, "why did I have to come with you again?"
"Oh, come on Lee. He's not that bad" I grinned, running up the last few steps, "Come on he should be somewhere around here... PEEVES!"
"naughty naughty, children shouldn't be shouting my name" the poltergeist sang, floating through the wall with an impish grin.
"It's been a while" I grinned.
"Oh, look it's ickle Emily and her Lee" Peeves laughed, looking at the two of us with flashing eyes, "what do you need of Peeves?"
"We were thinking of a little pre-Easter surprise for everyone. You know, fireworks, sticking-confetti, maybe even some exploding dungbombs"
"Just pure madness really" Lee shrugged, "We could use your help if you're up for it"
Cackling, the poltergeist nodded, "Always up for some mischief, Peeves is"
"Well great!" I cheered, "Now let me fill you in on the plan"

"This is either the best or worst thing we've ever done" George breathed, eyes wide as he watched the destruction Peeves was causing with the carefully placed confetti pots.
"Come on, it's the best! Where's your sense of adventure" Fred replied, a mad grin on his face as he periodically threw dungbombs at the fleeing students.
"I'll tell you where it's gone" Lee heaved, rushing into the cover of the alcove as the fireworks began to explode and light the corridors with sparks, "it's gone with the rest of our fucking sanity - why did we think we could get away with this"
I giggled, holding back a smile as I lifted up the box that had been sat in my robe pocket.

"You didn't -""She couldn't -""There's no way -""The Peruvian darkness powder?""I thought it didn't work""Fixed and ready to be tested, baby" I grinned, opening the box and grabbing the dark Crystal inside, "now on the count of five, we all run fo...

"You didn't -"
"She couldn't -"
"There's no way -"
"The Peruvian darkness powder?"
"I thought it didn't work"
"Fixed and ready to be tested, baby" I grinned, opening the box and grabbing the dark Crystal inside, "now on the count of five, we all run for the hidden corridor behind the tapestry"
"Ready"
"Ready"
"Ready"
I narrowed my eyes, watching as Peeves approached the last paint pot, Mr Filch running down the opposite hallway in a blind rage.
"5, 4, 3..." I threw the crystal, an impenetrable black mist beginning to cover the hallway. Linking arms with Fred, I watched George to the same to Lee, "2, 1, GO"
Under complete cover, we pushed our way through students and in to the hidden corridor, laughing wildly as we thundered down the hall to the other side.
Pausing momentarily to catch our breath, I wiped some dark residue from my shoulders.
"Act natural" George said, slipping through the exit.
"As if he's not the most dramatic one" Fred scoffed, following him.
Lee and I emerged a few moments later, successfully embedding ourselves in the crowd.
"I cannot believe we pulled that off"
"Neither can I"