What It Takes

-Third Person POV-

It had been 2 years since you started high school. You were all juniors now. Sure, it had only been 2 years since your friendship began, but that didn't stop you all from changing a lot and become an even closer group of chaotic besties. You were still clumsy as usual, you all still visited Hobi's uncle for a little of underage drinking, you were all still only the dumbest of friends. But some you were unrecognizable now compared to freshman year.

Namjoon, for one, finally stopped trying to look like a badass and stuck to his cute self. He even landed himself a hot girlfriend, Choi Seongeun. As he should. To this day you still remember crying when he told you all towards the end of 1st year. "How'd you meet her?" "Oh well... we went to the same library every Friday. She flirted with me a lot but I thought she was just joking. Apparently, she's attracted to smart guys... Haneul? Are you crying?"  "No. I understand. Educated people like you are hot. You have more degrees." "Yess! Great joke!" "Jin, she's crying." "SHE made the joke, not me." Namjoon was only your first minor little crush. To be fair, you had a new minor crush about every week. But you always had such a soft spot for that man. Luckily, you were reassured by your two mothers, Soomin and Seokjin, quickly.

Speaking of, Seokjin only became more confident in himself. And richer. Despite being so weak with alcohol, you always remembered most of what happened by the next day. Like when Jin was so drunk, he swore to never date or marry anyone if they didn't look identical to him, from his perfectly sculpted face, to his worldwide shoulders. You made sure to remind him of this promise he made every time he flirted even a slightly bit with you. "Oh come on, Haneul. We're only the most attractive people in the whole school. There couldn't possibly be anyone else on our level. Let's run away and get married and make attractive children." "Jinnie, please. We're too young to get married. Besides, I thought you promised to only date someone identical to you, remember?"

As for Yoongi, of all ten of you, he is probably the only person who barely changed. He stayed in the very serious relationship he had with his lover, sleep. He continued acting like a grumpy grandpa, while still knowing when to joke along with the others. Even after that hickey he gave you that day, you still thought he was absolutely cute by just existing. I mean, you still had the picture of him with the racer helmet on from when you all became racers that hot summer day. You couldn't help but pinch his puffed cheeks all day.

Another friend you thought was the absolute cutest: Soomin

Another friend you thought was the absolute cutest: Soomin. One of your two oldest childhood friends. Despite being very consumed in her boyfriend, Daehyun, she still made plenty of time for you and the others. Somehow, she also made time to study harder and put more effort into school. By sophomore year, she was basically part of the genius group, along with Namjoon, Hoseok and yourself. Personality wise, she was always pretty mature so there wasn't much to improve there. Physically though... she finally grew her hair out, causing her to look more like her age. She also grew some inches, making her taller. That didn't stop the group from continuing to call her 'shortie'.