• 131 •

Author's Note: Since I forgot to update on Wednesday, here's a double update for you guys to make up for it!

The request board was in the center of the main street, located next to the enormous fountain. It was a large wooden board, with papers pinned onto the wood. Some people would take a glance at it and walk away, while the others would observe for a little longer, contemplating. 

It was exactly like it was in the novel. 

However, Cecil realised something was different now. 

There were a group of children surrounding the request board, some of them playing at the fountain which earned disapproving looks from a few civilians. They were sloven, with dirt and grime all over their face and body. 

The novel did not mention anything about children being around the request board. 

Cecil shook her head. 

Maybe it was just nothing and the author did not bother to place them into the scene. 

The guide gestured for the four of them to observe the request board. 

“Earning money this way...” Xue started to say. “It isn’t an easy method.” 

The reason why Xue could rely on this method to earn money in the past, was due to the fact he wasn’t a mortal. Endurance, strength and fighting skills, he surpassed the mortals in terms of that. 

“It’s one possible way, I am looking at other alternatives,” Cecil answered. “We need to find a permanent place to stay in after all. I do not want to...sleep in the wild.” 

Hana shook her head. “Me too, I...I heard the animals would come and steal your food if you aren’t looking, and the bugs!” 

K’xug nodded in agreement. 

The ground will be hard to sleep on. 

The people finally moved away, letting the four of them have some space to view the request board. 

“Damn dirty kids,” a man grumbled, shoving them away. “Go away, you aren’t welcome here!” 

The children bumped into each other due to the man shoving them, and one of them almost fell down. One of the older children stepped into the way, planning to absorb the impact for the younger child, his head on the verge of hitting against the edge of the fountain. 

Cecil and Hana panicked, running forward. Cecil caught the child before he hit the fountain, while Hana helped stabilise and calm the other children who were on the verge of crying. 

"Are you okay?" Cecil questioned in concern. "Any one of you got hurt?"

"Thank you, miss," the older child that she saved smiled, his tone polite. "Do not worry, we are okay."

"Come on guys," the older child nudged his head. "We should thank these two sisters."

The children followed his orders, thanking the two ladies politely with a bow. 

Cecil was surprised.

"Mister, you are too mean!" Hana chided. "The child could have been seriously hurt!"

“Tch,” the man made a spitting noise. "They are orphans anyway, no one would care."

"It doesn't matter! And I care about them!" Hana demanded. "So, apologise to them!"

"Who are you to tell what to do, you little--"

The man marched forward, reaching out for Hana.