chapter six

jiyoung's head turned towards nayeon with a smile, taking almost each of the boys back by how pretty she was

"hello," she bowed politely to the group. she walked closer slowly, still cautious since her arrival.

"sit, sit." nayeon patted the empty space between her and donghyuck.

jiyoung nodded and sat down between the two, immediately feeling very comfortable around the new group of people thanks to nayeon.

"jiyoung, i'd like you to meet my friends. this is jeno, my boyfriend," nayeon informed her, holding up her hand that was intertwined with jeno's.

jiyoung turned to see the boy with his famous eye smile, his green eyes barely visible. "nice to meet you, jiyoung."

"to your left is donghyuck."

"nice to meet you miss jiyoung. how do you feel about the surname lee?" to say she was a bit taken aback was an understatement but she smiled sweetly.

"ignore him." nayeon scoffed playfully, sending a glare to her friend. "next is jisung, he's the baby of the group."

"nice to meet you. i'm guessing you're older than me as well?" the blond boy asked, taking a bite of his food afterward.

jiyoung shrugged, "not sure. when's your birthday?"

"february 5th, 2002."

she nodded. "then i guess so. my birthday is january 22nd, 2001. sorry," she smiled at the younger boy.

she had seen him around in the hallways of the large school and although she might have been older by a bit more than a year, he was definitely taller- towering over her 5'6 height.

"and across from jisung is mark. he's the oldest out of everyone and is basically like our leader outside of school. practically like a father figure," nayeon explained.

the said boy waved his hand enthusiastically, "nice to meet you, jiyoung. i hope we can be good friends."

"and next is chenle. you guys are both 2001 liners."

she made eye contact with the brown-haired boy and quietly laughed as he smiled happily, "finally a same-age friend! jisung was getting boring."

"hey!" she heard jisung complain, throwing another fruit as his best friend.

they seemed like they were close just by their mannerism but they also radiated little brother energy, which jiyoung was very excited about since she hadn't ever actually had a younger or older sibling to banter with.

"and then artsy boy there is renjun. don't mind him, he's usually always drawing or fighting with donghyuck."

"i do not," renjun groaned in despair, lifting his head up to meet nayeon's laughing face covered with a hand.