Chapter 10

This whole school thing sucks... I've made three friends in the 4 day's I've been here and two of them, Jennifer and Kyla just want be meet my foster brothers. But Quinn is really my friend. We're both not popular, and we both have all the same classes. Then theres Kyle Mattson, he's the most popular kid in school, he picks on all the nerds, geeks and pretty much anyone who is not a popular and or cheerleader. His best friend is Webber Kenity. He is 2nd most popular, but he is nice to everyone. Right now we're in socials class, I'm at the back reading this book about my step family, on my phone. "Lynch! What are the 3 stages of becoming a knight?!" My socials teacher mrs. Burros asked. "Page, Squire, then knight." I spoke turning off the brand new phone the Lynch family bought for me, stuffing it into my sweater pocket. She glared at me "correct... Now I'm assigning a project to do with a partner," she started, everyone started pointing fingers a each other, whispering weather or not to be partner, "The partners have been picked out and are on the sheet taped up at the back of the room." The teacher said causing everyone to aww. "Now you must each do a project on the proses of becoming a knight, which as Ryla said was page, Squire and then Knight. Your project must include a model, and a poster board, I have a page of questions each of you will receive and work with your partner. I can always tell if one student has done most of the work..." She spoke glaring at all of us. Quinn told me she was like a witch or something. I put my head down, hoping that I didn't get Kyle as my partner... "Okay go see your partner." The teacher smiled sitting down at her desk. All my other classmates raced down to the list. Quinn sat beside me, "I have Maia as my partner." Maia is nice and all but she is a daddy's little princess and she is kinda spoiled. I sighed and waited for my partner to find me. "Hey Ryla right? I'm Webber Kenity. We're partners." He smiled sitting down beside me. "Hey Webber, should we work at your house or mine?" I asked looking at him. He is kinda cute. I glanced over at Quinn as he thought about his answer. She did a silent squeal causing me to silently laugh. "How bout yours, I don't really feel like being teased by my older brothers and trampled my younger twin sisters." He chuckled looking over at me. "How many siblings do you have?" I asked without even thinking. "I mean oh wow that was personal. I'm so sorry." I spoke making a total fool of myself. Okay maybe I ramble when I'm nervous. "Naw it's cool, I have 3 brothers and two sisters, how bout you?" He smiled. "Oh I have 4 foster brothers and a foster sister..." I smiled. He nodded. "Okay meet me at my locker after school?" He asked, not knowing where my locker is. Everyone knows where his locker is though. the bell went for last block and we all left for our last class. I walked into Art class, the teacher here is cute too his name is Mr. Collins. He's only 24 years old. After his instructions we were told to paint what ever we wanted too. I painted a lion family, a mom, dad and 3 cubs. He came around and smiled at my picture. "That's really good Ryla." He smiled. "You can have it if you want." I smiled, handing him the paper still slightly wet from the paint and water. He smiled and took the paper into his hand. "Wow that's Ryla, I think I'll start a student masterpiece wall, and this'll be the first." He smiled. The bell went and I quickly helped him clean up. I walked to webber's locker. I stood at the wall behind his locker and text Stormie. 'Hey I'm bringing my partner home to work on our project.' I typed and waited for a response. 'Okay sweetie, are you walking or shall I send Rocky to pick you guys up?' She responded, 'uh we'll walk...' I finished turning my phone off. "Hey nerd what are you doing here?" kyle asked walking up with his posse following him except Webber. "I-uh-umm-here waiting f-for Webber..?" I stated more like asked. "Well kid it's about time you learned where your spot in this school is." Kyle raises his hand about to hit me, his hand was inches away from my face when I heard "STOP! Kyle you asshole! Why must you torment the new kid? She's been here for less than a week, what has she done to you?!" Webber stood up for me. Webber? Like popular Webber? Wow he's so nice! "Come on Ryla, we have a project to do." Webber said grabbing my hand and pulling me away from the group. "You OK?" He whispered. I nodded and led him to my home. We approached the door... Well see how this goes.......................................................