Chapter 10

<November 2021>

Eunhye's P.O.V

"Thankyou for today!" we bowed to the teachers. It's only the second day of training as a group and we're already training all day until 12 am. 

I looked around to see no one following me, so I decided to go to the usual midnight practice room. Mark didn't come last night and I totally understand that, after all he is a busy man. I mean look at me, it has only been 2 days and I honestly don't think I have energy to practice overtime anymore. 

I'm not sure Mark would be there but hey what are the chances? I wanted to at least tell him that I will no longer practice overtime due to not wanting to overwork too much. I opened the door to the practice room and was met by the sight of Mark, smiling at me with open arms.

A smile immediately crept to my face, I walked to him and wrapped my arms around him. "Why are you still here at this time?" I looked up at him and asked.

He wrapped his arms around my waist, eyes staring down at mine. "I waited for you, I assumed that you were still practicing since you're set to debut in January. I was about to leave though since it's 12 am already, but I'm glad I didn't." he smiled at me.

One of his hands went to the bruise I had from yesterday's fall, caressing it softly before kissing it. "Does it still hurt?" he asked. I shook my head, "It's okay, I mean like I'm used with bruises due to being a basketball player before during my middle school days."

Mark widened his eyes, "Really? We should play together sometimes." he exclaimed. I laughed at him and nodded before nuzzling my head to his chest. "Look at the mirror." he whispered to me. I faced the mirror, the reflection of us meeting my sight.

"You look so small in my arms, cute." he giggled before pecking my cheek. I whined in embarrassment, causing him to laugh.

"I didn't know that you were called the ice princess though." he teased me out of the blue. I pouted at him, feeling wronged. Damn Sungchan, blasting your mouth without any censor, I didn't want him to find out. 

"You were so cool yesterday! I wanted to interfere earlier but Sungchan didn't let me, but thankfully he did that. I got to witness another side of you, man I was so proud of my girl." he rambled on.

I was about to complain when realization dawned upon me. 

My girl.

My heart fluttered at the way he said that. He smirked at my reaction, "Is someone happy that I called her my girl?" he teased and kissed the tip of my nose.

"I thought that we agreed that we'll talk about our status later on." I pouted at him. His teasing smirk turned into a serious look.

"I thought about it, no matter how we look at it there's no way we can date during your dating ban. The risks are too much." Mark's grip on my waist tightened. "But I would like to propose an idea to you."

I pulled from his embrace and looked at him with confusion. "I don't want us to date first until your dating ban ends. We shouldn't keep in contact too since managers usually check rookie's messages and contacts, we wouldn't like to risk that." he explained.

My heart churned at the thought of not having Mark in my life, I had gotten so used to his presence in my life that I feel attached to him now.

"But I want you to know, that I'll wait for you." he said to me and reach out to my hand to pull it to his chest. I felt his heart beating fast, and I couldn't help but to feel special that I was the one doing that to him.

"You can hear my heart beat for you right now right? I want you to know and trust me, trust that this heart belongs to only you."

My heart started speeding up again, since when is he this smooth? Where did the awkward, aloof Mark that I first met went to?