☙ 𝙽𝙸𝙽𝙴

𝗗𝗨𝗧𝗖𝗛𝗘𝗦𝗦 𝗠𝗢𝗡𝗔𝗘 𝗥𝗘𝗜𝗗
𝗗𝗘𝗗𝗘 | 𝗠𝗶𝗮𝗺𝗶, 𝗙𝗟 📍
▃▃

The sound of my phone going off caused me to slowly open my eyes and reach for it, sighing

The sound of my phone going off caused me to slowly open my eyes and reach for it, sighing .. I answered, not even aware who was on the other line.

"Dede," the small voice of my little sister Damani rang through my ears causing to jump right up.

"Mani?" I called out to her, feeling myself about to cry.

I haven't talked to them in about a month or so and I have been missing them both so much.

2 more months .. and they'll be in good hands.

"Hi baby, I missed you so much. Where's Dee?" I asked her, referring to her twin brother, Dorian.

"I don't know, they separated us. I hope you get us soon ... these people don't treat us right," I could hear voice breaking making my heart hurt.

"What you mean? They hitting on yall, mistreating yall?" I questioned, about to write all of this down so I could file a report.

"Sometimes, the other day .. they hit Dorian with a paddle and locked him in a room the whole day, no food, no water ... nun. He said he had to pee on the ground and once they found that out, they beat him so more and he was forced to clean it all — please Dutchess. Come get us soon .. we don't know how much long we can handle this. I gotta go," she quickly said before hanging up the phone leaving me with so many unanswered questions.

I was so angry, my hand was literally shaking.

How dare they mistreat my siblings, my innocent babies.

I grabbed my phone and called the home, after 4 rings a lady answered with a nasty ass attitude, a bored tone in her voice when she spoke.

"Hello?" She spoke up making me cringe.. I was ready to shoot this bitch and I'm not even like that.

"Uhm Hello, my name is Dutchess Reid and I'm calling because I would like to speak to a supervisor or a boss at your facility."

"For what?" She snapped, making me roll my eyes hard.

"Girl .. if you don't get one of your superiors on the phone, best believe I will report the whole home. And your raggedy, ratchet ass will be jobless!" I snapped back, surprising myself.

She cleared her throat, "hold please."

I waited a few minutes while the phone played a shitty ass jingle, and as I was waiting.. there was a knock at my door.

I stood up and there stood Sy with a bag from Bob Evans and a two large apple juices making me smile.

I waved him inside, and he shut the door behind him before pulling me into his chest.