Ch69 - Impossible.

Kang Shengzhe was a little flustered and it was not the prototypical sort. Usually, he would immediately come up with a good response, but his brain seemed to fail at making a turn no matter how much it spun. Hence, he could only answer out of conditioned reflex: "No..."

He interrupted himself mid-sentence, thoughts taking a sharp turn as he made a stiff recovery, "But I also could be..."

However, his words still felt wrong. Kang Shengzhe felt faint from the weight of it all, and his words became a gibberish mess, only for him to stammer out at the end: "How do you say it... depends on the person?"

Depends on the person – the meaning behind the phrase was broad; it answered the question while remaining elusive, but it unveiled a modicum of truth: he was not gay, but honestly speaking, he did harbour some unspeakable intentions towards You Liangxing...

Kang Shengzhe felt a little guilty after his admittance and he carefully scrutinized You Liangxing's expression. However, what he found was only an unruffled gaze although the person seemed preoccupied in expression.

You Liangxing's gaze had always possessed an extremely potent and penetrating power, and despite being watched by millions of people daily, Kang Shengzhe felt his scalp numb. It was very similar to the instance where he was punched by You Liangxing; it did not hurt much but it made him very aware of his presence.

Kang Shengzhe furrowed his eyebrows minutely and his brain was full of warnings – telling him to run, as in, 'you really should run' – because he had to question if he had sent himself to his own death with his answer.

Kang Shengzhe waited nervously for You Liangxing's response, but You Liangxing's profound gaze lasted for a long while with no words spoken. Silently, he stretched out his hand.

Not a sign of having to wade through muddy waters; instead, he was preparing for the next round in a clean and squeaky manner.

Kang Shengzhe followed suit and raised his hand. Their hands shot out at the same time, and Kang Shengzhe's stone won.

You Liangxing said: "I lost, I'll drink."

Having a delayed response, Kang Shengzhe uttered, "Oh... Oh."

In the time it took him to respond, You Liangxing had already rapidly downed a portion of the beer without a change in his expression. "Go ahead and ask."

Kang Shengzhe frowned for a good while before he asked in a faltering voice: "Why did you ask if I was gay just now?"

Yes, if Kang Shengzhe had been the one to ask the questions first, the questions would have been in accordance to those he had already prepared. But the matter had happened too suddenly, he had never expected that You Liangxing would go straight for the kill in the opening question. It had caught Kang Shengzhe unaware and it agitated him greatly, leaving him in chaos.

Thus, the rhythm of the questions was easily seized by You Liangxing.

You Liangxing replied: "Because I felt like asking."

Kang Shengzhe: "......"

Kang Shengzhe: "Huh?"

He plastered on an expression of extreme patience but You Liangxing no longer spoke after he had finished the sentence, nor did he seem to have the intention to continue answering. Kang Shengzhe paused. Due to his slow reaction speed, the question had already been fully answered, and You Liangxing's answer honestly consisted of those few words.

Because he felt like asking.

Then, nothing.

Kang Shengzhe made a long, whining noise. "That's too sly, no?"