Ch70 - Really unlucky.

You Liangxing knew nothing of Kang Shengzhe's inner thoughts. After they settled the bill, they got on the car at the entrance of the stall.

Before the two went their separate ways, You Liangxing did not say much to the two-meter-tall man. While the latter of them seemed slightly drunk given how red his face was, the former scarcely had a change in complexion and he looked cold and cheerless.

They were two men; with their common relationship, they had no reason to be reluctant when they bid each other farewell.

As the lights of the city flickered into activity with the beckoning of evening, the lights and shadows intermingled. It was only when You Liangxing's Didi arrived that Kang Shengzhe opened to mouth to say the first line, and also the last line of that evening.

He said, "See you next time."

You Liangxing gave him a faint hum as a response which was not the most courteous. When the car arrived to pick him up, he got on and the car quickly left, following the traffic flow. Only then did You Liangxing turn his head to glance over his shoulder.

From a distance, he observed that Kang Shengzhe was still standing by the roadside and his tall stature slowly disappeared from his sight. However, before it disappeared, he was constantly staring in You Liangxing's direction and he did not leave.

Turning back around, You Liangxing sighed. For some unknown reason, he felt slightly disappointed.

This was the end of their meeting, next time...

For You Liangxing, the aforementioned 'next time' could be considered near, but when he said it was far, it was far too.

While the dialogue had left Kang Shengzhe at a loss, he had already figured out Kang Shengzhe's exact coordinates.

A native of City A, entering A University in the beginning of September – the coincidence was not easy to ignore. Unexpectedly, they were in the same city, and soon, they were going to attend the same university.

When confronted with such a miraculous coincidence, even a person like You Liangxing would be a little dazed upon knowing.

During the instant where he lowered his head, the clues he had previously noticed over the course of their chats had interwoven together and it made his heart tremble for a good while. They might have met online but they happened to be in the same city and a long sigh could not adequately express You Liangxing's state of mind.

No matter what was said, being in the same city meant that meeting each other would not be a difficult ordeal. Furthermore, You Liangxing's classes would start in September, and as the President of the Student Union, he had to guide the freshmen through various activities. There was no need to even mention whether he wanted to meet or not; even if he wanted to hide, there was no possibility of success.

You Liangxing could not help but be curious as to what kind of reaction Kang Shengzhe would display when he saw him later. Since he harboured such thoughts, he had omitted the fact that he was from A University from Kang Shengzhe on purpose.

He was clear about Kang Shengzhe's information while the other party was not, and with the information advantage he had, the gained upper hand made You Liangxing feel pretty good.

You Liangxing's thoughts went down another tangent. Recalling the worried appearance Kang Shengzhe had regarding the next meeting by accident, he felt like it was somewhat funny in the moment. Just then, his WeChat rang with a message that Liao Su sent.

[It's Liao Su Not Plastic]: — Brother Liang! I remembered! I finally remembered it!

You Liangxing replied: — What?