Chapter Sixteen

Finding lots of unused and non-ruined paper was proving to be slightly difficult. Finding scraps of paper in different places to at least get started on making lists was another story.

After finding a piece of paper in semi-decent shape with no writing on the back, I wrote out a notice so I wouldn't have to keep repeating myself or try to remember the people's responses.

"Notice:

We are looking for interests and talents! This way we can use what we know to help out around here, and learn what we don't know!

Please write your name and any skill sets you have on the left column (like sewing, making candles, making soap, cooking, etc.). And please write your name and what you may be interested in doing/learning in the right column (like hunting, gardening, cooking, self-defense, etc.)...

Columns are on the paper below!"

Once I was done, I used a couple of tacks I found in Eric's office to push the papers onto the tree that many people tend to pass between the house and the tents that had been set up.

Hopefully, it was in a well-noticed location. Even if it wasn't, I was about to go let everyone know about it.

I figured this was probably the smartest approach. Instead of asking what people were willing to do first, I could first figure out what people could do or were interested in doing.

There was plenty of semi-used paper, chalk, and even some markers in Eric's office. He even had some organization supplies that would help- like tacks, strings, and ways to color-code things. Just about everything I needed could be found here, along with using the chalk walls to help gather my thoughts and organize them before actually putting them on paper. But I still did need books to write in.

If I had to, I could create those make-shift books I vaguely remembered having to do in elementary school. Though they were roughly designed and not the best option for long-term use. Nevertheless, I had hoped that there may be journals or something that are still able to be found in some nearby towns.

Another thing to add to the list for when some of the pack members go to town later.

The list keeps growing longer and longer, and the shifters would surely not be enjoying their trip with how many things they will be needing to try and find. But it couldn't be helped.

Silver had briefly mentioned to me in passing, after the meeting earlier, that he was not sure if he would be able to give me the cooking lessons I wanted until he saw just how many ingredients they could find.

It was more a question of what they could find to determine what we would have time to make, than the ingredients themselves.

Silver was so 'normal' that I enjoyed talking to him and looked forward to getting to know him. But it probably would have to wait until those lessons because anytime we talked Jonah got all growly and possessive. Sometimes it was cute. Sometimes it was so annoying I wanted to slap his arm and ignore him. But, after my brief talks with Ana, I knew Jonah was just doing what was natural for shifters.

Though, I did look forward to hanging out with Silver some more. He reminded me of Marcus in personality but seemed even more normal compared to everyone else.

I had asked him earlier how he spoke English so well. Not just in words but also understanding English well. He had briefly mentioned that his pack had mainly settled in the Sonora area of Mexico, but their pack territory technically reached as far as areas in California and Arizona. So just about everyone in their pack grew up speaking both Spanish and English.