ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ᴛᴡᴇʟᴠᴇ

Slowly, I enter the car and buckle in. Rain starts to fall, tapping the window over, and over. William doesn't start the car. He just sits there, looking straight ahead. Tapping his shoulder, he looks over to me, his anger fading a little.

"What?"

I write down did I do something wrong? You have that look on your face.

"Oh, well yeah, you did do something wrong but I'm not mad about that at the moment. It's just about the divorce."

What'd I do wrong?

"Uhmm duh? The police thing? Writing down that I would be a suspect. You're lucky I can get out of almost every situation."

I set the paper down, my head leans against the window as the car starts. We drive away, the pizzeria getting further, and further. My arms cross and rub against each other in search of warmth. The car is colder than an icebox and I'm just a piece of frozen meat. I really should've brought a jacket. Looking to the backseat, a nice lonely dark purple sweatshirt lays there longing for someone to put it on.

Grabbing it, I stick my small body into the huge purple fabric as William chuckles. "Who says you can wear that?"

My index finger points to myself. Cold weather is my weakness. I wrap my arms around myself as we drive. The sweatshirt smells of camp fire and cinnamon, a combination that somehow goes well together. Before I know it, my eyes lower and eventually close, leaving the world in complete darkness.

~~~~~~~~~~~~

I wake up but I don't open my eyes, I'm so very comfortable. I'm holding a warm body pillow tightly. I have a nice big fluffy blanket on top of me. The pillow has... A heartbeat? Slowly, I open my eyes to see that I'm tightly wrapped around Liam. That's strange, I thought it would be William. I shrug and get up slowly, careful not to wake him. I walk out to the living room to see William sprawled out on my couch, almost falling off.

Uhmmm okay then? I walk to the kitchen in confusion. What in the hell am I seeing? So we're in my house but Afton is here yet, he's taking care of me? Oh yeah and He doesn't live here? I make my morning tea and look out the window above the sink. It still pours rain, distant thunder can be heard with some flashes of lightning. Thunderstorms have always been my favorite, ever since I was a little girl. My mother, father, brother and I would gather and binge watch movies and play board games the whole time.

The beeping of the teapot shatters my thoughts. I grab a cup and pour myself some oolong tea. After, I put on slippers. I'm in my Sweats and I have Aftons Sweatshirt still on so yes, I am going to sit on my porch. It's covered from the rain and I want to hear the thunder better. The cold air wakes me up as I step outside, the thunder getting a tiny bit louder. I sit back on the porch swing and sip my tea as I stare into to clouds, relaxing.

I sit for another seven or ten minutes before the wind really starts to pick up and the swing starts moving by itself with me on it. I rather not be in the middle of a huge, huge thunderstorm. Thunder cracks right above the house as I step in. Surprisingly, not a single article of clothing is wet. Walking into the Living room, William is gone, leaving me to wonder is I just imagined it.

Before I can think of one other thing, a warm hand being placed on my back makes me jump in surprise just to turn around and see a tired looking William.

"Hey bunny,"

Silently waving, he passes me and walks over to where he slept, patting next to him. I sit down and William starts explaining himself.

"Now, I know you're wondering why I'm here. Well, we were on the way to my house. Pulling into the driveway, Liam called your cell and I answered. He knew who it was but asked about you. I said you were fine, he wanted you to come home but I told him I would be taking care of your for a week or so. He wouldn't stop talking about having you home so we made a deal. You could stay home as long as I was here here with you to take care."

His tired, silverish- blue eyes meet mine for a minute before thunder cracks loudly, making me look up to the ceiling. I tap on the top of my wrist and William looks at his watch.

"5:46 a.m."

No wonder it's so dark. I nod and get up, making my way back to my bedroom. Liam takes up my whole bed, not leaving any space for me one so ever. I try and get next to him but as soon as I get comfortable, he pushes me off in his sleep.

Bitch. As I walk back down, Will stares up at the ceiling while lying on his back. His hands behind his head in a relaxed manner. Quietly, I make my way to him and get under the blanket atop him, laying my head on his chest.As much as hate it, I want warmth and since Liam won't give it to me, William is the only other choice since the heating in my house hasn't been working properly.

"Well, well, well, it-" I place a finger upon his lips. Nodding, he wraps his arms around me, pulling me on top of him. Hid heartbeat thumps and I listen to the silence in between each beat. It's calming, making my eyes slowly close and making my mind shut down once again.

(OKAY SO, I just wanna say sorry for not updating in a little while, uhmmm I kinda er uh- got writers block. This chapter isn't the best but it might get better next chapter 🤔🤔🤔🤔 don't know yet, I'll decide in the car ;))) this was a very calming chapter 🙏🙏🙏🙏