➳ 𝐨𝐧𝐞 𝐥𝐚𝐬𝐭 𝐭𝐢𝐦𝐞

∽𝒟∽

∽𝒟∽

Now back to school, Lucas was welcomed by all of his friends, including Yeji, who was stunned to see him again. He obviously wanted to ignore her and walk away but found himself bombarded by questions from different students. Questions he didn't want to answer.

"How's it like in rehab?"

"Did they lock you inside a room?" asked another.

"They managed to detox you completely?"

"What kind of drugs did you use?"

"I heard Song Yuqi kept visiting you there."

Lucas's head was spinning. He hated these kinds of questions and everyone around him. It just worsened after they mentioned Yuqi's name.

"Why didn't you tell her to get lost?"

"Are you friends with this loser?"

"As if," Yeji laughed. "He just didn't want to be rude with the girl, right, Lucas?"

In that instant, she walked out of a classroom and passed by them down the hallways, almost running.

She heard it.

"Yuqi!"

He immediately pushed the students out of his way in order to follow her. Yuqi was fast, but he was faster.

She turned the second he grabbed her by the elbow.

"Yuqi."

Her eyes shyly lifted to meet his. "Oh... um, h-hi."

"Are you alright?"

"I'm fine," she said softly, nodding her head.

"You don't look surprised to see me," he chuckled. "Did you know I was returning today?"

"Your mom told me over the phone that you were leaving rehab a few days earlier in case I wanted to visit you again..."

He smiled. "Yes... The doctors discharged me so I could see my sister."

"Why? What happened to her?"

"Long story."

Lucas noticed Yuqi was glancing nervously at his friends and Yeji behind him. "Oh... Well, I... I see you around. Welcome back."

He turned to watch her go, but at the last moment, before she stepped out of his reach, he shot his hand out and snatched her wrist. Yuqi's eyes widened, and she stared at him.

Looking around and remembering that they were standing in the middle of a hallway, he led her into the schoolyard, hiding them from curious eyes that might be peering.