➳ 𝐝𝐢𝐫𝐭𝐲 𝐦𝐢𝐧𝐝𝐬

∽𝒟∽

∽𝒟∽

"Jieun, what's going on? Are you inside?" Taehyung's voice crackled in her ear.

"Oh, sorry, I didn't know you were still here," the man beside her chuckled. "This is Lee Seon, she's looking for a job here."

Jungkook, still too shocked to blink, just looked at her as she stared back, trying to think of something to say. 

Jieun was momentarily lost for words, though she forced herself to breathe the second she heard the man clearing his throat to call out their attention.

"Uh," Jungkook swallowed hard. "Can you wait outside for a second?"

"Me or-"

"Just you," he cut. "The woman can stay."

"Um, o-okay." Nodding, the man turned the doorknob to leave the room with curiosity since it was probably his plan to stay and watch. 

Jieun couldn't move as if her brain froze, locking all of her thoughts. To say she felt shocked, was silly. She was disturbed

His eyes slowly traveled down her body, and his astonishment vanished as he smirked. "You really liked playing the detective, huh?"

When Jieun heard him speak in that soft, low voice, she realized how much she missed and feared in equal amounts. 

Something drew tight in her heart as Jungkook approached her slowly and silently. He noticed her chest rising and falling frantically by each step he took.

"Jieun?" again, Taehyung asked, growing concerned due to the silence.

Then, taking advantage of her paralyzed state, his hand went up to her collarbone. Her mouth parted once his fingers slid between her V neck dress. 

In an instant, her senses returned, and she grabbed his wrist with force, but he didn't move.

"Sorry," Jungkook murmured, taking out her microphone. He moved backward casually and dropped it inside one of the glasses, destroying her tiny device. "It's better we if keep this private."

All too soon, however, Jieun's head lifted, and in a sharp movement, she threw Jungkook on the red velvet sofa into a sitting position as his glass broke on the floor. He found his head pressed against a gun while having her knee between his legs.

He took several seconds to process everything that just happened. His eyes went up to her face, and smiled again. "Smooth."

"Five years in prison wasn't enough for you?"

He chuckled. "Excuse me?"

"I guess we can't change our nature... Taehyung was right all along about you."