sixteen

16. There Goes The Neighborhood

"Damon hasn't said a word to me" Stefan informed Elena, "Every time I try to talk, he shuts me down, like he shut Aria out".

"Stefan, whatever happened between Aria and Damon has really affected Aria, she won't say it but I know she's hurting, way more then she's letting on" Elena said, extremely worried for her best friend.

"Aria is strong Elena, she will get through this, you just need to trust her".

"I do trust her Stefan, but you and me both know how Aria likes to bottle things up, Damon was the only one she opened up to, and with him out of the picture, I'm scared what bottling all this emotions is going to do to her".

Stefan sighed, "I don't know what's going to happen between those two Elena, but I do know is that no matter how angry they are with each other, they will always find a way back to each other".

"Because of their connection?" Elena asked.

Stefan nodded, "Connected people can't stay away from each for too long, sometimes it might get to the point that they will feel physical pain if they stay away from each for too long".

"But what about Katherine?" Elena asked confused, "Since she wasn't in the tomb, I assume she's still out there somewhere, how would she have survived all these years without Natalie, specially when she was the one who got her killed".

"Katherine Pierce never had a heart Elena" Stefan said, "She never felt for anyone, not even Natalie, Damon and Aria on the other, they both feel very much for each other, now I don't know if it's romantic or platonic, I just know that they care for each other, and they will eventually go back to each other".

"I hope so" Elena said, "Because as much as I hate admitting it, Damon brings out the old Aria, the Aria I thought was lost forever", Elena paused, "Think Damon's still trying to find Katherine?".

"I don't know" Stefan replied honestly, "He waited 145 years to get his revenge from Katherine, only to then find out she was never in the tomb and that he had wasted all those years, that he failed Natalie, it's gotta hurt, right?".

"And it couldn't have happened to a nicer guy" Elena taunted.

"You have every reason to be upset with him".

"Mm-hm".

"Have you thought any more about what are you gonna do?".

"About what?" Aria asked, walking over to the couple.

"Isobel, my vampire birth mother, who's related to my vampire ancestor, Katherine, who screwed over your witch ancestor Natalie" Elena informed Aria.

"Okay, since when did life get so complicated" Aria said.

"God knows" Elena said, "It'd be nice if we could get through a day without having to deal with any of it, no vampire mother or brother".

"Amen to the sister".

"No vampires at all?" Stefan asked the two girls.

"You know your the exception Stefan, in all the vampires I know, your the only nice one" Aria said, her mind going back to the older Salvatore and their fight last night.