B i l a n g XXII

"I heard that the other Prince are pursuing you." I look around at the fountain between the building. The water look like it is glowing because of the moon light.

"Don't mind them." I said.

"What do you mean Lady?" He asked, I look around to check if there's someone around us.

"It won't affect our future plan." I wink at him. He stop as if he is thinking before chuckling. "Pardon?" I asked.

"It's just that I can't believe a small lady like you is thinking of something like that, back then when I heard you, I thought you were just a little girl wanting affection." He then look at me. "You've grown a lot, but seems like you do not know what you really want."

"Prince." I stopped. "You are rather noisy." I said. "When will the Emperor announce his heir?" I asked. "What if he announce you as heir, then you won't be needing me anymore?" I asked.

That won't be good. I purposely rejected the two prince because I'm planning to invest my all to this man infront of me.

There's something in his crimson eyes that's too alluring and making me want to trust him without knowing him.

"I will just marry you then." I stopped, I just realize I was looking at his eyes for a long time.

"W-what do you mean?" I laugh and look away. "I'm like your business partner, why would s-say something hilarous like that?" He just look at me. "Pardon me, you're just joking right?" I asked. "I can't have all the Prince asking my hand for marriage."

"Maybe I was kidding." He said and smiled geniunly. "But isn't that what you want?" He asked.

"I'm hurt, did you just think lowly of me, Prince Cailevi?" I asked with my hand on my chest.

"It's not what I meant." He said flustered, I just smiled, we continue walking. "I mean, those Prince are powerful enough, but you said no to both of them?"

"I was waiting for my Prince's return." I said in a low tone. "Since he'll be the Emperor and if not, we'll plan treason." I look at him. "Am I right, first Prince Cailevi?" He chuckled.

"Is that your way of pressuring me?" He asked.

"You actually look confident."

"Confident you say, then would you like to follow me inside the palace? I'm confident you'll come along." He said.

Without second thoughts I followed him inside the Palace, we went upstairs and he open a room. My eyes wander around, there's a huge bed and a sala set, a typhical bedroom.

"What is this place Prince Cailevi?"

We've been talking for a moment of time and joking around and I'm fascinated how our tone and words are still formal with those jokes.

"It's my room." My eyes widened.

"Don't tell me this is your resident?" A palace for events?

"No, I just requested to stay here for the Coming of age ceremony." He said, he open a drawer besides his bed and took out a box.

"Take a seat." He said walk forward into the sofa. I followed him and sit infront of him. "I can't let go of this moment." He said then open the box infront of me.

"P-prince.." I even place my hand on my mouth. "I told y-you, I'm not here t-to marry y-you." Im shuttering.

"I know." He said as he pushed the box infront of me.

The purple gem in the small elegant crown shines. Wow!

I think I've seen this gem before.

"T-this is treason, I'm not a princess to wear such crown!"

"So you don't dare?" He asked and laugh. "Where did your guts go, I thought we'll plan treason."

That's right. But why am I so shock?

It's a basic knowledge that a person that's not a royalty can't wear a crown, they'll be beheaded right away, so who would dare?

"It's a gift Lady Arthia." He said and stood up, he took out the crown which I don't dare to lay a finger on. "I gift you a country."

"W-what?" I asked when he placed the crown on me. "What?" Hindi ko sya maintindihan.

He just caress my chin before moving away.

"You look lovely."

"P-prince." I'm really confuse right now and I don't know what to say or even feel!

"There's this small country called Elvish, they are special in a gem called Amethyst which remind me of the color of your hair."

"P-pardon?" I asked, he sat on the table infront of me and look at me sttaight in the eyes.

"They tried to raid my war between another country so I conquered them too." He said with so much confident.

"What does it have to do with me?" I asked.

"It's gift Lady Arthia."

"T-the country?!" I asked.

"You don't want to?" He asked like he's thinking. "I thought that would be the best gift for you, but I see you want a bigger country, I'll give you Guibash soo--"

"No!" I stop him. "This isn't what I want." I said. "I want to you be the Emperor so when I step on my father, I know someone bigger got my back." I said with teary eyes.

"What the hell did your father do to you that made you think like that?" He asked geniunely.

"J-just--but I can't accept your gift." I said.

"You can't reject a Royal if they are giving you a present Lady Laissè." He said.

"But that's a huge gift!" I  said.

"If you're thankful, let me call you Tia." He said.

What?

I didn't say I was thankful!

Just why?

Why I can't win over this man?

Ironic that I win him over but I can't win over him.

••