(OLD) Chapter 7: [Acquisition]

=====

This Chapter is now old and obsolete.

The information in this chapter may or may not be relevant to the story anymore.

If you wish to read on, be my guest - I cannot stop you.

I'm going to be rewriting and replacing older chapters.

======

The other bird flew away

The other bird wept

She couldn't bare to cry today

So all of those tears were kept

Walking on the wax-less floors of Chernobog's ugly ballroom provided a sense of peace. Even though the room itself was hideous, but I tried to ignore it. My high heels tapped on the floor as I walked around. Large windows reached the floor, letting in the sunlight.

Waking up to the words of my subordinates is quite a bore. One of the Reunion soldiers prepared a meal for me before I woke up. If he tried to poison me I would have disintegrated him.

"Madam Talulah." I groan as I turn to see W, the Sarkaz mercenary smiling at me.

"Welcome W." I greeted. "Do you have the key?"

"I sure do." W walked up to me and handed me a key. The key to Chernobog's internal motor system.

"Well done." I congratulate as I inspect the key.

"Where is my money?" W asked.

"You can head over to Crownslayer for some money. Otherwise you could always check the vault of this building." I answer.

I looked at her arms and see a streak of white marked on it.

I see that Kaiser Rye attacked her.

"I almost forgot! Skullshatterer is having trouble leaving the city with Misha." W stated.

"That doesn't concern me." I say as removed my sword from the ballroom floor.

"OK then. By the way I met Kaiser Rye over there." W states with a smug grin.

"I can tell." I reply. "I'm surprised that you didn't kill him."

"What? How did you know?" W asked.

"You don't have the will to kill him."

W's smug grin faltered. I knew she had a crush on Rye, and she would always find a way to hang out with him. Back when Rye was my Second in Command he didn't even say a single word to her, but he would always have occasional conversations.

"But... " W's gaze went to the floor.

"I don't care about Kaiser Rye at the moment. Do what you like." I turned away staring at the rising sun through the windows.

W walked away with uneasy steps. A few inaudible sounds were heard until they disappeared.

What a strange girl.

Much like you when you were a child.

I beg your pardon?

You too had experienced feelings for Kaiser Rye before.

That was a long time ago. During my adolescence.

You just put on a stern face every time anyone mentioned his name.