forty six

renjun smiled as he entered the school building, looking around it one last time. it would be the last time he'd set foot in the building and while he was happy, it was also a sad moment.

he walked down the familiar hallway, his steps being the only sound in the hall. his shoes squeaked against the polished floor as he made his way to his locker to collect the last few things.

before he could even reach his locker, an arm reached out and grabbed his wrist, pulling him into the bathroom. he turned around and felt himself tense up at the sight of san.

"san w-what-"

"relax, wooyoung's here too." san pointed to the sinks where wooyoung was sitting on them. renjun relaxed slightly when he saw his friend but he was still confused.

"so um, what do you want?" the blonde asked while staring at his shoes, not wanting to make eye contact with san.

wooyoung hopped off the sinks and made his way over to the pair, slinging an arm around san's shoulders. "san wants to tell you something."

interested in what he had to say, renjun cautiously lifted his head to look at the pair. san sighed as he played with his hands.

"i'm sorry renjun, i really am. i know it's not an excuse but i had so many things going on and i still do, and i took it out on you because i know you're too nice to do anything about it. i'm really sorry and um, i'm going to rehab." renjun's jaw dropped at the boy's words. he realized then that san wasn't as strong as he had thought. here, shaking and not able to make eye contact with the chinese boy, san looked smaller and more vulnerable than ever. renjun had no idea what to say or do, so he did what felt natural to him.

san's eyes widened as he felt two arms wrap around him. he looked up to see renjun hugging him with a small smile on his face. "it's okay san, i forgive you."

the two boys hugged for a while with a smiling wooyoung standing beside them until renjun eventually pulled away and placed his hands on san's shoulders. "you'll do amazingly and you won't regret this. please get better, if not for yourself then for wooyoung." renjun and san both turned to look at wooyoung who had a sheepish smile on his face. "he loves you. get better, come back and take care of him like he deserves. i believe in you."

renjun smiled at the boy. san couldn't stop the tears that started to flow down his cheeks and he pulled the blonde in for another hug. "i'm really so sorry, you didn't deserve any of that."

renjun shook his head. "don't apologize, just show us all that you can change."

san nodded and pulled away after a few moments. the boys all said bye to each other and renjun left bathroom, leaving san to be comforted by wooyoung. renjun felt like a weight had been lifted off of his shoulders as he walked to his locker with a bounce in his step.

he collected the last couple of things from his locker and sent a text to jeno to let him know he was finished before he made his way outside to wait for his boyfriends. after a few minutes a car pulled up and the passenger window rolled down to reveal jaemin with a goofy smile.

"get in loser, we're getting ice cream." 

renjun giggled at his boyfriend's words and ran to the car, hopping in the backseat. jeno turned to look at him with a grin. "you look happy."

renjun nodded as he put on his seat belt. "some things happened with san." 

it's a miracle jeno didn't crash the car as the younger boys both tensed with surprise, their eyes widening. jeno calmed himself and looked at renjun in the rear view mirror. "sorry, what?"

renjun's eyes also widened as he realized his statement sounded worse than it was. "no not like that, wooyoung was there too. san apologized and told me he's going to rehab to get better. he had some things going on and he took it out on me because he knows i'm too nice to fight back. i forgave him and he cried, then i told him to get better if not for him then for wooyoung." renjun told his boyfriends with a proud smile on his face.

jaemin smiled and turned around in his seat to ruffle renjun's hair. "i'm proud of you bub, you're so brave." jeno nodded in agreement, too focused on driving to give any physical affection.

"we're definitely getting drunk on ice cream to celebrate this." jaemin giggled as he turned back around.

"nana, that's not how it works." jeno sighed.

"shut up, malfoy."

jaemin and renjun laughed at another one of jaemin's movie references while jeno shook his head, but he couldn't help but smile.

a/n: hello i tested negative for covid then had to get another test and tested negative so if i had to get a third one i will cry

the first one didn't hurt at all but the second one omf the girl was like "do you sing?" and i said "not really no, why?" and she says "because you're about to" HUH ???? it went so much deeper i literally had a coughing fit and teared up so much

anyways i love minho have a good day / goodnight, drink water and eat well and take care of yourself ily