Chapter 17: The Kindness of Humans

Needed Info:

(H/c) - Hair color

(E/c) - Eye color

~~~

~Third Person PoV~

        In the same alter where the five Daemos stood while leaving their world and kingdom, there is a small portion of a glittery purple magic residue left on the floor. A small shadowy figure with purple eyes skitters over to it, examining the remaining magic.

         Not too far away, Prince Rhal is pacing in his bedroom, ranting away to his wife, who seems to be more interested in brushing her hair at the moment.

        "This is utterly ridiculous!" Rhal exclaims. "I can't believe I have to meet with the council!"

        Lady Bish pauses her brushing, a bored expression on her face. "Well darling, what did you think was going to happen when you were next in line for the throne?"

        "That I would be able to kill all my problems! Now my problems are going to kill me!"

        Bish rolls her eyes. "Darling it's just a meeting. You're clearly overreacting."

        "No, not that! Asch!" He yells, stopping her reprimand. "He still isn't back yet! It's been months!"

        "H... He still isn't back yet?" Bish's eyes go wide.

        "No! He's not!"

        There's a knock at the door, then, and Rhal turns to face the door. It opens to reveal one of Rhal's knights.

        "Prince Rhal, Lady Bish, pardon my intrusion. I hope I didn't ruin any moment you two may be having." The knight speaks in a monotone.

        "He's been whispering sweet nothing to me." Bish says with a sarcastic smirk.

        Rhal stares at the knight, only seeing red. "I SWEAR, THIS BETTER NOT BE ABOUT THAT MEETING!!"

        The knight sweat drops, fearfully. "Funny you should mention that..."

        In an instant, the knight finds himself falling from the bedroom window and hurling towards the ground, as a terror-filled cry escapes him.

        "Rhal." Bish says, sternly.

        Rhal whirls back around to face her. "What?!"

        "Go to your meeting."

        Rhal lets out an animalistic scream as he makes his way to the door. "I. Hate. This. SO. MUCH. ASCH IS DEAD!!" He leaves the room, turns around, and breaks the door, before finally walking away.

        Lady Bish sets her brush down, holding a finger up to her lips. "This truly concerns me. Asch has been gone for an uncomfortable amount of time." Her pale hands ball into fists. "If he isn't back in time for Rhal's coronation, Rhal may have to take Asch's place, which means... the crown will fall to another."

        The shadowy figure skitters into the room and onto Bish's desk. When it confirms that it's only visible to her, the shadows dissipate, revealing a black spirit with bright green eyes, one of which forced closed due to a scar. It has some of the magic residue on his face.

        "Oh, you're back, my darling!" Bish beams. She looks at the spirit, now noticing the residue on its face. "What's this?" She wipes some off of his face, smelling it and her eyes go wide. "This is magic residue...It's rather old, based on the smell, but... it's rather potent for being old. Which means it was cast by someone with a good quantity of magic." She looks back to her spirit. "Show me where you found this."