16. {extendble ears}

"your cat's going bonkers

"your cat's going bonkers."

─── ∙ ~εïз~ ∙ ───

they all leaned over the staircase railing as george lowered the extendable ear he and fred had created. it was a long, flesh-coloured piece of string which had an ear attached to each end. they were using it to listen in to the order's meeting.

"if anyone has a right to know, it's harry." sirius hissed impatiently, "it wasn't for harry... we wouldn't even know voldemort was back. he's not a child molly."

"he's not an adult either!" said mrs weasley from inside, "he's not james, sirius!"

"i'm perfectly clear who he is, thanks molly," sirius groaned.

"i'm not sure you are!" mrs weasley exclaimed, "sometimes, the way you talk about him, it's as though you think you've got your best friend back."

"well, he's not your son." sirius argued.

"he's as good as." mrs weasley told him, "who else has he got?"

ginny came out from the room she shared with hermione and josie to joined the seven.

"hey, ginny." harry greeted her.

"he's got me." sirius reminded.

"how touchingly paternal, black." severus snape was heard, "perhaps potter will grow up to be a felon, just like his godfather."

sirius groaned, "now, you stay out of this, snivellus."

harry looked up in shock, "snape's part of the order?"

"git." was ron's reply.

navy watched as hermione's ginger cat, crookshanks made his way down the stairs and to the ear.

"... about your supposed reformation."

"i know better."

"so why don't you tell him?"

"mione..." navy nudged the owner, "your cat's going bonkers."

that caught everyone's attention so they observed the feline.

"get off it." fred hissed.

"quick." ron whispered.

"get it up." navy told george.

"crookshanks." hermione called out softly, "stop it."

"get off, you bloody cat." ron sneered.

"crookshanks." hermione sighed, "leave it alone."

"get it up!"

it was too late because the cat had already detached the ear from the string.

ron shook his head, "hermione, i hate your cat."