Part 28

You didn't focus on the rest of Takeda's speech, and snapping out of your state of mind when the boys were cleaning up the gym.

You walked home with thoughts swirling around your head that day.

~time skip~

The Karasuno team were waiting in their area, mentally prepping themselves for the first match. You however, were with Kiyoko, glaring along with Tanaka and Nishinoya at any male who looked at her for too long, though what you didn't realise was that the males were blushing at the sight of you too.

When you first arrived at the venue, you would be lying if you said nobody recognised you, despite only playing volleyball in middle school, your reputation in the community grew quite a bit, and people tended to unconsciously stare at you in awe. Though it did make you a bit uncomfortable at first, the 2 bros would never hesitate to glare daggers at whoever was looking your way.

Although, there seemed to be another problem on your hands...

"Hinata, are you alive?" you bluntly asked, ignoring the snickers coming from Tsukishima and Tanaka. The small boy was holding his stomach and bending over slightly, his skin pale and a indescribable look on his face.

"Y-yep, i'm alive" he replied, not very convincingly "I puked on the way here, so I feel a bit better" you deadpanned slightly, Tsukishima then butting in just to tease the orange haired middle blocker.

"Not a surprise you puked after eating all those pork bowls for breakfast"
"It's normal to eat pork cutlets on the day of a match!" Hinata retorted, holding his fists in the air.
"Maybe not as many as you did though Hinata" you pointed out "It would definitely make you more sick than anything, it also doesn't help that you tend to feel woozy when we play a match any day". At that remark he remained quiet, leaving you to carry on helping out Kiyoko while Kageyama insulted Hinata relentlessly once again.

Out of the corner of your eye you could see shaking, at first you thought it was Hinata again, only when you go to look you notice it's actually Yamaguchi. You could only see his back but could tell that he's shivering. Over the time of you being a manger for Karasuno, you haven't interacted that much with Yamaguchi, only a few words being shared between you both, but you know that he has mild anxiety, he usually hides it, yet today it seems rather clear.

Looking around to see the team is preoccupied with Hinata and Asahi's nerves, you turn to face the freckled first years back. You place a hand on his upper back, feeling him flinch slightly from the touch, but he doesn't look behind him, knowing that it's you. You rub small circles on his back, seeing as his own nerves slowly subsided and he inhaled before turning his head slightly, muttering a quick 'thankyou' to you before you were off to your first match.

~mini time skip~

W h a t
t h e
f-

You deadpanned at the sight, Ohgiminami was spending there entire practice time riling up your team, specifically Tanaka, as his reactions come off as the most entertaining.

Though, when they made a comment about his choice in haircuts, he became a buddha and you were honestly shook. Watching as he spiked a ball from Kageyama, smirking as he left the opposing team in shock.

~~~

You stood alone on the bleachers, only one manager being allowed on the bench during an official match. You smiled as they had their team shout, then got to the match.

"Oh? So you came to watch the match too" said a man near you, looking over, you saw the original Coach Ukai, followed by mini Oikawa and mini Matsukawa.
"Yeah"
"I guess it is your precious grandson's team huh?"
"That has nothing to do with it!" he yelled