33| Flirting and Jealousy

Started on 19th October 2020.
Completed on 23rd October 2020.
Word count : 3959 words

_____________________

- A Y A A N -

A new morning, a new day. Nah!

How could I even exercise with my only hand left safe and healthy? Last time I had a fracture was when I was just ten. It was very painful. But this time, it was a little okay.

My gaze went down and saw Divya sleeping peacefully hugging my chest, or I should say on my chest. It's good unless it doesn't cause pain. I can bear the pain but still, it would hurt.

Last night was truly good in all senses. She said that she likes me. Although it's not a major improvement and has not reached till the relationship of love, it still satisfies me. Her feelings changed from hate to neutral to like. Love is not far away.

I pecked her head and tried to get freed from her grip but she was holding me tight enough, not wanting to leave my presence.

"Divya!" I tried waking her up as it was eight and I can't be absent from my work for a long time. "Divya!!" I shook her but no response. Instead she snuggled more into me, causing goosebumps all over my skin.

"Let me sleep. And you sleep too!" She whined in sleep.

"I need to resume my work and you too have to do so. Wake up or no salary." I said and she opened her eyes suddenly.

"You're such a blackmailer." She said angrily, getting up from the bed. I forwarded my hand for her to help me get up but instead, she moved away without giving it a thought.

"Hey! My hand wants you to help me sit up. Where are you going?" I shouted and she returned in her steps. She pulled my hand and I stood up instantly.

"Such a fragile doll you are!" She said.

"You won't sleep over a fragile doll, right?" I asked and she sighed, running back to the bathroom. "Wait! I need to use the bathroom first!" I shouted but in vain. Maybe, getting the bathroom first and only for myself is not in my destiny!

I sat on the bed waited for her to come out. After some time the gate started to open and she appeared.

"You can go if you want to. Or else I'll go to bath." She said.

"Don't worry. I'll use it first. Till then you can dream about me. Or better, we can use bathroom at the same time." I suggested but later but regretted as her angry face was on the view.

"Pervert!" She remarked.

"Only for you." I said and she got more irritated. After completing the nature's call and brushing my teeth, I called her name loudly, "Divya!"

"What now? Don't tell that you slipped!" She replied from the room.

"Worse than that!" I said and she barged inside. "You need to help me clean up, today too."

"Why can't you do it on your own?" She asked.

"Because..... your husband's hand is not in a condition. And being a good wife you should help your husband and fulfill his each and every need."

"Goes to hell this good wife and her responsibilities." She muttered under her breathe.

"I heard it." I said.

"I don't care." She said and rubbed my back forcefully with the wet towel, after taking out my t-shirt.

"Aah........ Don't scrape my skin out." I shouted.