twenty six

"I didn't tell you because no offense, or anything, but you three are the most reckless person I've ever met, other than Harry. Yes, you too Peter."

"None taken." James and Sirius puffed their chest proudly, they seemed to get over the fact that they were kept out of the secret pretty quickly.

"Offense taken!" Peter pouted childishly.

They laughed lightly after that, the tension that had been so thick previously was gone in an instant.

"She's right though. Now that you know, we really need to take the war seriously." Regulus spoke out loud.

Considering the fact that he was still 14, he sounded pretty wise about it.

She could never forget how young everyone was when they were pulled into this war. They were barely adults when they joined the order, Regulus died before he turned 19, and James and Lily died when they were 21.

Then she remembered how Harry was involved the second he was born. Stupid prophecy.

Good thing the Prophecy wasn't spoken yet, she could change it. She had little time.

She remembered Harry was 11 when he faced Voldemort for the second time. He was 12 when he faced Voldemort for the third time, 14 when he battled Voldemort and saw his friend killed, 15 when he saw Voldemort kill his only family, 16 when the only person who knew what was happening died, 17 when he went on the run.

"You're still young, Reg."

"I know, but Voldemort won't care how old you are. He didn't care about killing a baby back then." The youngest argued.

"He's right." Remus nodded.

"I would do anything to keep you all away from harm's way."

"Come on, Ly. We can't just stand on the sidelines. Let us help." James pleaded to the girl.

"I'm not pushing you to stand on the sidelines, James." She sighed, "There's a reason I'm training you all to duel. Because whether I like it or not, you're all involved in this."

------

Christmas went by pretty quickly, though there was still a tense atmosphere around the teenagers, after knowing that there was a literal war brewing up outside their homes. And also knowing about the Dark lord, it adds up to their nerves.

Lyra had been a little bit on edge these days, and considering she was still physically 15, it was a bit strange. But she's not mentally fifteen, she's much older than that, so she had to ease up her nerves and act like everything is completely fine.

She was now in possession of three horcruxes, the diary, the diadem, and the ring. What's left for her to obtain, is the Slytherin locket. The plan was for Regulus, Lucius, and Narcissa to obtain the cup, and then would deal with the locket. But she then soon remembered that the locket wasn't in the cave yet, Dumbledore once told Harry that the locket would be placed in the cave when Regulus was 18.

That was another problem that came up in her plan. This wasn't as easy as she thought it would be.

The planning made her really tense and jumpy, and Lyra still had a tug in the back of her mind telling her that someone was going to betray them. And deep down she knew that someone was going to, and she needed to find out who it is soon.

Sighing in frustration, she roughly rubbed her face, and from beside her, James gently took her hands and stared at her softly.

"We have time, love. No need to rush." He cooed, rubbing her back soothingly.