chapter thirteen

"Hermione, can you zip me up, please?" I ask as I finish curling my hair. I feel the zip get done up and I say thank you as I loop flowers into my hair and attach my silver rose necklace. I turn around see Hermione in her dress made of a floaty, periwinkle-blue material and her hair, which is normally quite bushy, has been made shiny and sleek - using a Sleekeazy's Hair potion -  and twisted into an elegant bun.

"You look so pretty, Hermione!" I exclaim, pouting my lips slightly as I admire her. She chuckles. "Speak for yourself, Aurora, you look stunning! I can guarantee that Harry will be drooling over you," she says which makes me burst into laughter.

"Oh, stop it!" I smirk as I apply some clear lip-gloss to my lips and make sure my makeup is perfect. I have some winged eyeliner on, a nice amount of blush and highlight, some lashes and some perfume. "I'm actually really excited for tonight," Hermione says as she smooths down the skirt of her dress.

"I am too, it's going to be so fun," I reply as I put away my makeup and take one final look at my dress in the mirror. 

"Right, shall we get going? We've got to go meet our Champions," I say in a jokey voice

"Right, shall we get going? We've got to go meet our Champions," I say in a jokey voice. Hermione laughs as we make our way out of the dorms and we make our way towards the Great Hall, excitement running through our veins.

We reach the main staircase that leads to the Great Hall and I suddenly get overwhelmed with nerves. "Hermione, can you go down first? I feel really nervous all of a sudden, I don't know if I can do this..."

She turns to me and nods her head, giving me a smile and a supportive hug before she walks down the stairs. I peek my head around the wall slightly and I see Hermione meet Krum, who bows slightly and takes her hand. She smiles excitedly and as she passes Harry, I see her whisper something to him as she gets in line with the other two Champions.

I exhale and walk out to the front of the steps, my hands shaking slightly. As I pull up my skirt slightly and start walking down the stairs, I swear the silence has never felt so deafening. But as soon as I make eye contact with Harry and I see his face, I feel a sense of comfort.

I make it to the bottom of the stairs and walk up to Harry, who looks really handsome in his black and white dress robes, which I think came from Molly, who bought them when out for school supplies and thought that they'd look better on Harry because of the green highlights.

"Wow..." Harry says, looking me up and down. "You look stunning, Aurora," he marvels, which makes me smile bashfully. "Thanks, you look amazing as well," I reply, putting a smile on his face. Then, Professor McGonagall walks over to where we're standing, stopping slightly when her eyes fall on us.

"You both look great," she says, a proud smile on her face as she ushers us over to join the line of Champions. We take our place last, behind Cedric and Cho, who turn around and compliment us.

Me and Cho gush over each other's dresses and Cedric compliments Harry's dress robes, as does his to Cedric. Then, the doors start to open and we all get ready to walk through.

Harry holds out his arm. "Shall we, Miss Diggory?" He says, to which I smile and take his arm in mine. "We shall." The doors finish opening and we all start to walk through into the Hall, all the students inside applauding. I see several familiar faces in the crowd, including the twins, Draco, Neville and a very moody looking Ron. 

The Champions and partners take their places on the dance floor as Professor Flitwick gets ready to start playing. I take Harry's left hand in my right and use my left to hold up the skirt of my dress, his spare hand settling on my waist.

"Just follow my lead," I say, winking at him as the music starts to play. We start dancing and Harry quickly gets to grips with the dancing, easily following my lead. We spin around the dance floor and occasionally, Harry will either lift me up momentarily or twirl me around on the spot, smiles on our faces like life is completely normal.

Others start to join the Champions on the dance floor, Dumbledore dances with McGonagall, Ginny with Neville, Fred with Angelina and eventually almost everyone is on the dance floor. Eventually the slow song comes to an end and Professor Flitwick brings on a band, which starts to play a rock song and everyone starts to jump up and down.

Me and Harry start to dance with everyone else, Hermione and Krum moving towards us as the chorus kicks in. We all laugh together as we dance, bright cheery smiles on all our faces. Screams and shouts of joy can be heard throughout the hall. The band continue to play some fairly upbeat songs, but Harry and I head off the dance floor, Hermione and Krum following behind us.

I look over at Ron as we walk past and see his date walk away from him, his face still looks very moody. I see Krum press a kiss on Hermione's hand and she spins around happily, a large giddy grin on her face. 

She walks over to me, Harry and Ron. "Hot, isn't it? Viktor's gone to go and get drinks, would you care to join us?" She asks us. I nod my head and Harry goes to say something, but Ron grumpily interrupts. "No, we'd not care to join you and Viktor."

"What's got your wand in a knot, Weasley?" I joke, pushing him slightly but receiving a hand swatting me away. "He's a Durmstrang, Hermione's fraternising with the enemy."

Hermione's mouth drops open slightly. "The enemy? Who was it wanting his autograph?" She asks, which makes Ron slink back in his seat. "This tournament is all about international magical cooperation," I say to Ron, glaring at him slightly. "To make friends.

He scoffs and says, "I think he's got a bit more than friendship on his mind." Hermione walks off and I go to join, but stop as Harry stands up and places his hand on my waist. "I'll stay with Ron, help him cool off," he whispers.

Slightly disappointed, I nod my head and catch up to Hermione and Krum, who hands me a glass of lemonade.