Chapter 46

'You’re going on another business trip?' Emma asked as she watched him pack his suitcase. He had just returned from Paris just the day before and now he was leaving again. She was on the bed feeding her babies who sucked greedily at her breast. They had gotten so big and were now playing with each other. The no longer kept her up at night... well most of the night. Other nights she had to sleep in the rocker or carry them into bed with her. 'I can't believe this...'

'Please Emma, it's just one night. I didn't plan on it. I'll make it up to you, I promise.'

'Your promises had seized to mean something to me. You have promised to stop working so much, you promised to stop traveling so much and you promise to start keeping your promises. Why?' She could tell he was starting to get annoyed. This wasn't the first time they have argued about it.

'Why what?' He forced out.

'Why do you insist on staying away from me? Am I the one driving you away from here? I miss you Jonas, I miss my husband.'

He scowled at her 'You are starting to sound like an old record Emma. I told you I will make up for everything, it's just not a good time for me...'

'You know I'm starting to wonder if you really are doing business! Because it seem like Ariel is always with you when you do business!'

He snapped his suitcase shut, making her and the girls jump. The babies mouths pop from her breast as they looked around startled. Emma couldn't comfort them because her nerves were high and she was damn upset 'I'm not going over this with you!'

'What happen to us Jonas?!' She shouted. She was tired and upset. It felt like all she had said had fallen on deaf ears and she was tired of portraying the nagging wife. No matter how hard she tried, she can never win. She had started exercising, she would get her hair done, her nails. Things she normally wouldn't do. But nothing she did, he never notices, as cliché as it may sounds. Her marriage was falling apart and she didn't know how to fix it. How to reach him 'I I...' She wanted to let him know she loved him... loved him so much but she would never get his.

What she feared most was happening. What she had predicted from the very beginning was happening. Jonas was growing to hate her, growing tired of her. How was she to manage this? Her marriage was falling apart, she was falling apart. She had her babies to think about and she didn't know how she was going to cope with a husband who wasn't home and who hated her. And who was possibly cheating on her.

'Emma...' she ignored him and hushed her now screaming babies. After she fixed her blouse she calmed the girls and took them to their nursery. Tears still ran from her eyes as she placed the babies in their crib. She caressed their pretty faces slightly red from crying. Before she left the nursery she kissed them and turned on the night light.

She was surprised when she saw Jonas was still in the room, and that he hadn't already left. She wiped her eyes and moved to her Chester draw and went through the motion of getting ready for bed.

Jonas eyes bore through her back and she could feel him watching her every move. She tense suddenly when she felt his hands around his waist. So long he had touched her that she didn't complain when he tugged her to the bed. Nor when he stripped her bare and made love to her. No not love, they had sex. It made her cry because she knew he wasn't all that into it. It was well... pity sex. Did he think that would make her feel better? Did he actually think this was what she wanted. She came with a cry and she had to turn her face away to hide her tears.

She felt like nothing and the casualness of the sex tugged deep inside her. It was cold, and too forced. There were too many issues between them 'Hell Emma...' He pulled out harshly after he too came and cursed. She looked through watery eyes as he dropped his head in his hands while he sat on the edge of the bed. 'I wish you were the woman I married,' he muttered not realizing how much he just broke her heart. Silent tears ran down her face but she remained calm. He looked at her, his expression unreadable. Remembering she was naked she grew conscious and pulled the sheets over her. 'The next time you go to the doctor, make sure she gives you birth control options.' he spoke looking disgusted. Her heart clenched and so did her thighs; she could still feel his seed in her and on her thighs.