eighteen

__________

No, no, it's ok, call me an idiot, I really don't care

__________

Kitioma Hadlee

         "Now about that sweater you have tried to avoid talking about," Marlene says, plopping down onto my dorm room bed. I changed into some jeans and a Ravenclaw letter jacket I got from Sam but never returned. I find it funny to wear other house's clothing, it confuses people, but I do it rarely, because I will probably get into trouble, and I don't want to be sent back to America.

"Ah. Yes. That," I say shortly. "Would you like the background information or just the facts?"

"Background information, duh." She laughs and turns onto her back, making me roll my eyes and move off of the bed onto the floor. Who cares, the floor is more comfortable anyways. Back in America, I would lay on the floor for fun because it was more comfortable, but I haven't actually had one of those moments in Hogwarts yet.

"You ready for this?" I mutter sarcastically.

"Go ahead, I'm listening," Marlene says eagerly.

"Alright...but you can't call me insane, ok? Everything I'm saying is true-"

"Skip the credits and get into the story."

"Ok, ok, chill," I take a deep breath. "My parents were murdered by anti-aurors when I was six. Ever since then, I've been living in boarding schools and, in the summer, wizarding orphanages. My parents were on the Magical Congress of America, what I want to do when I graduate this place, so I stayed in orphanages they helped or with people they knew well."

"Why'd they get murdered, though?" Marlene asks innocently, not even considering this might be a sensitive topic for me.

Oh well.

"Well...this is secret. It's so secret you can't tell anyone about this, alright?"

"Sounds like every main character in a horror movie, but ok, shoot."

I give her a look. "Right. Horror movie. Anyways, I'm the great great great...great...I don't know how many greats, granddaughter of Godric Gryffindor. Anyone who gets my blood gains extreme power. Now, remember what I said about Tom Riddle the day we got into a fight? Yeah, he's kinda out to get it, but the thing is, he doesn't need my blood to win whatever he's going to do, it would just help him immensely. He already killed Sam, you could be next for all I know.

The day I found out was the day he attacked me in the library. I was trying to research a curse Sam apparently put on the note he broke up with me with, but Tom caught me and literally choked me. He spilled that he knew about my heritage and he's after my blood."

Marlene gives me a deadpan look. "And this has to do with the sweater...how?"

I roll my eyes, standing up to pace the room while talking. "I'm getting to that part. So after that I tried avoiding Tom but as you know, the professors made him my 'protector' even though he's literally trying to murder me. The day we got into a fight, you remember that? Yeah, of course you do, you were in it. Anyways, Tom dragged me off into a classroom and somehow our friendly conversation turned into a makeout sesh and-"

"Hold up," Marlene half-yells, standing up off of the bed. "Hold it right there. You made out with the dude trying to kill you?"

I pause my pacing, giving her a bored look. "Um. Yes. Anyways-"

"Kitioma Hadlee are you an idiot?! What if he just sticks a medical syringe in you and- oh joy! - suddenly, he has some of your blood to make him all powerful!"

"Now," I say, running a hand through my hair. "Now, that's the- that's the point right there. If he takes my blood from me unwillingly, it's as good as useless. I have to say the words that I want to give it to him to basically make the blood magic."

"Well that's rubbish," Marlene grumbles, plopping back down on my bed. "What was the point of your parents sacrifice if people can't take your blood just like that?"

I shoot a confused look in her direction. "Imperio exists, Marlene. They could just make the words spill out of my mouth."

"Oh. Right. But still, you made out with him?!"

I hold up a hand. "That's not even the worst of it."

Marlene's face pales. "Is that...is that Tom's sweater?"

"Shut up, Marlene, I'm getting there."

"Well hurry up, we don't have all day, we're skipping class for this!"

"It's Saturday..."

"Right. Anyways. Continue."

"Well after that, I started failing my classes and distancing myself-"

"Oooh, yeah, I remember that, you looked like your best friend and/or role model went into a maze during a championship tournament, got really close to winning, but then got sucked away and murdered right before your eyes by a returning dark wizard." I blink, then stare at Marlene. She gives me an innocent smile and shrugs. "What?"

"Nothing, Marlene, nothing. Nothing at all. Anyways, I had this really weird dream about two figures walking in the corridors and I'm pretty sure one of them was Tom and the other he said...was..."

Suddenly realisation hits me like a brick. Kadwell...that's...that's Marlene's name.

"Called them what?" Marlene butts into my thoughts, eagerly listening while sitting crossed legged on my bed.

"Oh, uh, it was some random name. Can't remember what it was," I shrug. "Probably wasn't important."

You lying, scheming, daughter of a-

"What happened next?"

"I woke up in Tom's room." Marlene gasps dramatically. "And he choked me, and then we had the most sexual fight I have ever been in..."

"Miss girl-" Marlene squints, looking me up and down. "You did the deed with the dude trying to murder you?!"

"Well, he said he wasn't going to ask my permission, so that's rape."

"Except judging on how you didn't take out your wand and hex him like a sane person, you wanted to!"

"Eh, I dunno, I'm confused...I guess," I mutter, and Marlene shakes her head.

"And then?"

"And then the Head Girl, Izzy, walked in on us fighting this morning, saying Tom was needed. So I left, grabbing the sweater - keep in mind, I have his fucking shirt, too - and then I realised I left my wand and when I go back, Izzy and him are eating each other's faces."

"Hold up-"

"And he had the audacity to say 'they were like siblings' too!"

"Sounds like someone jealous..." Marlene says in a sing-song tone.

"Hell no I'm not-"

"Well. Well. Well. Look who's back." A voice breaks into our argument.

Can I go one day without a fight?!

__________

Go to sleep.