Chapter Seventeen

Time seemed to go by fast after that.

It has been almost a week without Clarisse saying more than a passing word. She hasn't blown up again and smiles at me when we pass each other, but I know she's not happy.

I really do not understand what caused her to get so upset. At least, to the point that it has been a week and there has been no difference.

Other than Clarisse, though, there have been a lot of changes this past week.

After posting the sign about people's skills and what they desire to learn, many people had gotten involved in makeshift groups all around the territory. Many wolves coming through even have been taking some time to add their knowledge during one group's session or another's. It has definitely seemed to help people get moving and become a little more settled.

I also managed to get the two kids from the plane crash to finally move up into a room in the main house. They are still sleeping in the same room as each other, but it is progressing. Even if the girl is still just 'the girl' because she still has not talked.

I have also had many tacos over the span of one week. Granted it is not quite like what I think of when I think of tacos, it's still amazing to have it. Though I would love to have some sour cream.

The Oaxaca pack had come and gone, along with several other packs from around the world. The Sonoma pack left as well, though Silver was still here.

I enjoyed hanging out with him and learning all kinds of things, despite Jonah's annoyance. He said he needed to make a trip to check out his pack's territory in the Old Arizona and California territories anyway. Yet, he had not left Eric's pack grounds so far.

I did not mind, though. Silver was keeping busy- helping Ana and me with the garden, teaching everyone about the safety of food in the wilderness and how to make ingredients for foods he taught us. He even helped Jonah with my self-defense training. At least verbally since Jonah was not letting any other guy get close enough to touch me.

But the reason why I did not mind having Silver around longer was because of the lending ear he gave me with Clarisse still not really talking to me. Do not get me wrong, Jonah is always more than willing to listen but it's nice to have someone else to talk to also. Ana is nice to talk to but it's just a convenience type thing at this point. But Silver understands more than the others do. Maybe it is because his pack is used to cultural differences anyway. Maybe it is because being an Alpha of such a big and constantly moving pack could be difficult without having someone to talk to yourself. I don't know. But I do know, he will make some lady really lucky one day.

Over the past week, I have also been helping out with the record-keeping of meetings with all of the Alphas.

I internally laugh every time I think of it. If you had told me six months ago I would be going from a bestselling author to a glorified minute-taker for werewolves... well I would have probably turned it into a book.

However, it was not only important but was also helping me to learn about wolf shifter packs better than I could otherwise.

I also was getting closer to Jonah and the idea of finally becoming his mate in more than just name. Or, at least, running out of excuses about pushing it off. Not that Jonah would say anything about it. But I do know he is getting more restless about the fact he has not claimed me yet. Especially with the number of men constantly coming.

One day, one of the few times I was having a cooking lesson with Silver that Jonah was not at, I had talked to Silver about mates. I figured it would be nice to learn about it from a guy's point of view who was not going to pull his punches, so to speak.