Stefan- afraid of the darkness

Damon's POV

It's been a tough week. Stefan had trouble at school and k had to handle it. Then my car broke down so I had to handle it too. Stefan acts weird lately and I have no idea why. He's always scared, even when he doesn't show it, I can still sense it. I don't know why, he has no reason to be scared.
So because of that I asked my little brother if we want to do something this Saturday, he said yes and now we're taking about what we can do.

,, what about cinema ? We haven't been there in a long time." Stefan asked me
,, cinema ? What's on ?"
,, let me check." he said and then looked on his phone for the movies.
,, what about sonic ?" My little brother asked me while still looking through the web
I thought for a second.
,, really ? Sonic ? What about a horror movie?"
Immediately Stefan looked up from his phone to me.
,, no please. You know I don't enjoy those movies." he told me with a sad face and a lightly scared tone
,, okay, so it's not the cinema. What do we want to do instead?"

,, what about- uh ! We can do a story night! We can lay down and cuddle and you can tell me stories from the past!" he answered me
,, a story night? I'm not so sure about it. What about a movie night at home? We can build our cinema here if you want?" I request
Stefan just nodded with a big smile on his face.
,, okay so then it's the movie home cinema for us. You can choose the film, stef."

- Saturday-

a few hours later and we have Saturday! I'm actually thrilled to spend some time with my little vampire. We didn't get the chance to spend time that much together, because of some villains or Stefan's busy or some such other things.
I put the popcorn in the microwave and waited till it's done.
Stefan was already sitting on the couch, covered in blankets, waiting for me to finally come.
,, HURRY UP DAMON !" he shouted
,, I'm coming Stef."
I sat down next to him and he covered me in with some blankets. I find it really cute. I put the popcorn on the table and Stefan pressed play.
,, what did you put on?" I asked him while I eat some popcorn
,, Mama mia." he answered
I gave him a ,, are you seriously?" look
,, what?"
,, you can't be seriously?" ,, it's a good movie. It's a classic, something what you have no idea about."
Anyways we had a good time together. I have to admit that the movie was actually great, but don't tell Stefan about it.
I turn off the tv and looked over to my little brother, he fall asleep. He looks so cute when he's asleep.
I took him in my arms, bridle style, and went with him to his room, where I laid him down on his bed and covered him with his huge white blanket.
I gave him a goodnight kiss on the forehead and then I went to my own room.

Stefans Dream

1873

I woke up after I heard something downstairs. I wonder what it might could be or who ?
I got out of my bed and carefully stepped to my door.  The wood squeaked under my feet. I slowly opened the door to go downstairs. I was about to, but stopped when I saw Damon across the hall. He showed me to be quiet. We listened for a few minutes to see if anything, or anyone, was there. Suddenly we heard a loud crash! A shiver ran down my spine. What should we do? Someone is here! And our parents are not here! I looked over at Damon and he was just as scared as I was. I ran over to him quickly and as quietly as possible. We locked ourselves in Damon's room, slipped into the far corner and hugged.
,, Damie I'm scared." I whispered to my big brother
,, you don't have to be, I'm here. I will always protect you." he says while kissing my forehead.

I heard someone knocking at our door and-

Stefans POV

I woke up drenched in sweat and my breath caught in my throat. I can not think clearly. Everything is dark, I can't see anything. Damon ! Damon is not there ! I started crying uncontrollably and my tears turned into silent screams over time. Until I really started to scream. I desperately searched for my lamp but couldn't find it anywhere. After a long search and panic, I finally found it. I tried to turn it on but hurt my hand. Now I really screamed and as if called, my big brother was standing in front of my door. He turned on the light and looked at me tiredly.
,, what's up kiddo, why did you scream?" he asked me. Then he looked at me and saw my tears and my hand. He slowly came up to me and sat down besides me.
,, what happend ?"
,, I-I... nnh, had a nnhn night-mare..."
My voice shook and it was terrible. I couldn't focus.
,, aw Steffy, do you want to tell me about it?" he gently asked me as he held my hand.
,, I-I don't k-know if I could -do it...."
,, hey it's okay, just take your time, no one's judging you."
We sat down for minutes. He waited for me to finally tell what happend but the memories take over I began to cry again...

,, shh.....shhh, I'm right here with you Stef."
I couldn't breath.
,, i dreamed about the night when someone was at our house. It was terrible and now I can't stay in the dark." I finally said. Damon looked to me with an understanding expression.
,, wait, is that why you acting strange lately? How long do you have this nightmare?"
I couldn't answer, so I started crying again.

,, it's okay stef. Do you need me to lay down with you? To sleep with you?"
I nodded embarrassed, I'm old enough to sleep alone, but it's okay. Some times it's better to let someone help you deal with it than you have to go through it alone.
We laid down and Damon began to stroking my hair. It made me sleepy, so I couldn't held my eyes open anymore.
The last thing I heard was how Damon said to me

,,if you ever feel alone, don't, because I am right here my little vampire."

Then I drifted off.

Hello guys 🫶🏻

I re-wrote this chapter because I wanted to touch it a little up. It was my first chapter I every wrote and with the time I started to get better ( at least I think so) so I wanted to ,, change" it. For those who been here since the beginning, I hope you enjoy it and thank you for the support <3 for those who are new here, I hope you enjoy my chapters and I hope you will find some comfort here or anything else.

For my newbie's
This is a safe place for you.
No one will judge you for anything.
You can request more than once 🫶🏻
If you need some comfort or a person to talk to, feel more than free to contact me.

With love A🫶🏻🤍